{07} Sketched Hearts

"i'm spanish remember?"

I used to wish that Period 3 would go faster so I would be able to escape school, teachers, classmates and homework but now I just want to go home and hide in my bed. I was really scared of going to lunch because Carson said he would be there. My sweat glands were already working at the thought of Carson. Stupid nervous breakdown routine.

Unluckily, period 3 had merely just begun.

It was business class and in spite of not wholly enjoying this subject, I needed it for the future so I chose it as an elective. Father had convinced his parents to move a part of their company from France to here so he could still work with them and still be with my mother and I so someday I'll have to take over and I need to be prepared. 

I did tell him that I'd rather not because I' not particularly fond of telling people what to do or even talking to them, but he reassured me that he would still be there to help me and that I wouldn't actually be running the whole company, only the small area here.

Fortunately, I sat in the back where no one could see me which was good. You'd think I would be the one to sit at the front, since I was a typical nerd and nowhere near-delinquent but I would always feel like there were a trillion laser eyes shooting at the back of my head.

"Class, I just wanted to let you know that there will be a partner assessment task coming up."

Everyone groaned and voices roared in complaints about having an assessment.

"Quiet down, please," the teacher hushed in an irritated voice. "This is important, you can choose partners next week so make sure to be there, no skipping school."

No. That's not good. Not good. Not good. Very not good.

We're visiting the family next week so I'm not going to be here. I'll miss out on all the important things we had yet to discuss. Then I'll be behind on the work and I'll get a B and fail. Not good.

The teacher continued rambling on about today's lesson but my ears had lost their ability to be able to hear things. The just turned off, I couldn't stop them. It was as if my body needed the energy to worry harder.

Not good. Not good. Not--

Wait.

Hang on.

We have an odd number of people in this business so if I am away next week, I'll have to work alone! Yes! Thank you, father! Perfect timing again! Yes! Yes! Thank God! I'll be fine.

"We have an odd amount of students in this class—"

Yes. I know. Thank god.

"— but luckily we have a new student joining us. His parents requested that he join the Extension class. He'll be here next week."