{27} Sketched Hearts

"carson

"carson...likes...me"

"Oh my God. That was such a shit--sheet movie. I mean it was good and all but who kills the main character?" May grumbled. "It was cute but still! It would be even cuter if she lived!"

I laughed at her anger towards the movie.

A Walk to Remember was one of my favourite movies and May seemed to hate it. We were laying on our stomachs and staring at my computer screen but now she was jumping up and down on the bed raging.

May and I had become closer during the school break and I could officially say we were best friends. Mother loved her immediately. May and I even paired up together for a task in Modern History (yes, the school really loved partner assessments) and she came to my house to work on it.

At first, I thought it wasn't a good idea but then I realised May was a straight-A student, someone my mother would love me to hang out with. I know it's a shallow thought but my mother wants me to be influenced by good friends. But Carson and Jett popped into my mind and I laughed at the thought. It's too late for that.

We still had another week left of the school break and May came over often, sometimes for school work (not very often) and sometimes for fun (most of the time). I went to her house once though and her family was adorable. She had a younger sister and brother, Diana and Timothy. They were around eight or nine and surprisingly never fought. The most memorable event was May's dog, Ace, practically tackled me to the floor. He was a black and white Great Dane who weighed at least seventy or eighty kilos. The other days, we hung out with the boys too, at the End or at local restaurants and cafes.

Even after two weeks, my blushing never ceased when I saw Carson. It only grew more which confused me. And even worse, my stuttering was coming back.

"A Walk to Remember is a good movie though," I argued, grabbing my pillow and chucking it at her face.

"It's sheet. Why did she have to die?" May complained, catching the pillow and throwing it back on my head. "It was actually so good and then she died and that ruined it."

I laughed, hugging the pillow to my chest. "But it was still cute."

"Yes but still!" May pouted, then suddenly smiled creepily. "You know what else is cute?"

"What?" I tilted my head and looked up at her.

"You and Carson's relationship!" She squealed, stealing my precious pillow to only to suffocate it in her thin arms and jump up and down. I closed my laptop, putting it on the white nightstand so May wouldn't kill it.

May had become obsessed with our so-called relationship after I told her about what happened at 'The End'. I didn't trust her as much until now so I only told her a few days ago which was almost three weeks after it actually happened. But May didn't mind receiving the information late. 'Better late than never!', she had said before hugging me and squealing.