{08} Sketched Hearts

"shouoldnt friendds have each others nnumbers"

Drowsily nodding my head to James Arthur's new song and periodically mouthing the words was essentially all I did for the whole hour of being in the crampy car as we drove to the next town and unfortunately we still had another hour to go.

At first, my parents said that we were going to leave on Sunday morning but just as we were about to get in the car, one of the tires deflated. So we had to schedule the car for a fix and I spend my whole Sunday reading a book in my room, but we were back in the car on Monday.

My mother claimed it was a good thing because if the car tire didn't deflate, she would've forgotten her favourite white lily-flowered sundress.

Then after she got her dress, she started yelling at father, saying it was horrible because now I would miss out on school. Which didn't really make a difference because I would be back on Monday either way but obviously during her rage, she lost a little bit of common sense.

"Anyone want to take a stretch? There's a gas station coming up in a few kilometres," Father questioned, looking at the mirror where my reflection was.

I shook my head.

"Yes, honey. I need a bathroom break," Mother intervened, desperately and he chortled at her antics.

"All right, next stop. The gas station," Father announced. Sometimes parents can act so opposite to what they should. For instance, father's acting like a five-year-old train conductor. But when my grades slip or I'm in trouble for some particular reason, they go all strict on me.

I shut my eyes again, ready to doze off knowing that I wouldn't have to leave the car while I wait for my parents. I heard the car stop and doors opening and shutting so I assumed my parents had left.

I sighed and moved my head so it was tilted to the left instead of right because it was aching. Just as I was about to fall into a sleepy haze, there was a buzz from my phone. I tried opening my eyelids but they only widened halfway. I rubbed them and blinked furiously, attempting to awaken myself.

I glanced down at my phone to see a notification from Snapchat.

Carson.

I was about to enter the passcode when another message came in.

Where u at?

I settled for the idea of not going into the Snapchat app and just reading the messages that come in through the lock screen.

Lunch is almost over n idk where u r.

I stayed quiet when more messages came in.

ur not scared of me r u?