{37} Sketched Hearts

"i

"i...like you too"

After playing and successfully winning several games, we opted to go and buy food. Food was calling my name and ice-cream was the loudest so Carson was kind enough to buy four ice-cream boxes, including May and Jett too.

"Wait here. I'll quickly run this to the other two," Carson instructed, handing me his paper box of freshly frozen ice cream.

I nodded, biting my lip.

He shot me a smile and walked off.
With two things in both hands, I couldn't eat my ice-cream. I was standing next to a churro stall so I wasn't too far from the stall where our ice-cream came from and strong aromas of all sorts of food sifted into my nose.

One minute I was staring at multiple people walking around and the next, three girls blocked my vision.
Alison stood in the middle while Hannah and Maddy stood on both sides.

"Do you know why I'm here?" She spoke confidently.

My lip became battered in a matter of seconds from my teeth and I shook my head.

"I'm here to help."

She moved forward suddenly and flung both paper boxes of ice-cream back into me.

I shrieked and dropped the two boxes. I looked down at my black shirt who became a canvas of chocolate and strawberry ice-cream.

"Do you know how long I was waiting for Carson to notice me?"

It was about Carson. Of course it was.
I shook my head again.

"I spent all of highschool waiting and for some reason, in the last year, some invisible girl snatches him away."

I stayed quiet.

"I'm not a bitch who claims that a boy is hers but I'm confused as to why he would go for someone like you."
I didn't say anything.

"I was one of his close friends until this year. We would speak every lunch and then he disappeared without a word."

Silence.

"Times have changed and now girls can ask boys out. I was going to make my move. Ask him out, you know?" She stepped closer with a threatening tone in her voice.

I didn't look at her and focused on my trustworthy converse.

"Who are you?" Alison stepped closer again.

I shook my head, not replying.

"What makes you so interesting?"

"She's different."

Everyone stopped and turned to Carson who stood confidently behind me.

Alison visibly cowered and stepped backwards.