{09} Sketched Hearts

"you didn't come here to just gang up on me"

"Flower!"

I winced at the sound of his voice and stood still. I soon found myself enveloped in large tanned muscled arms. As surprising as it was to me, father was right. Cooper had grown so much since I'd last seen him, grown as in adding a few more pounds of muscle.

I knew it was him because no sane man would call me Flower.

After standing there frozen for a few seconds, Cooper pulled me back around with his hands on my shoulders. "Aw, Flower! You're all grown up!"

I was too speechless. My cousin looked so different. He was so much more tanned than before, his jawline chiselled to perfection and so was his blonde hair.

His deep chuckled rumbled and he said. "Speechless are we?"

I could hear my parents laughing in the background but paid no attention to that. I had only just got out of the car and had my back turned to get my bags to then have someone wrapped their arms around me. It was so weird though.

I snapped out of it and managed to stutter. "C-Coopernicus. Y-You're Coopernicus? But you're so... not like Coopernicus."

Coopernicus was my nickname for him. Cooper sucked at maths and science so I don't even know why I named him after a famous astronomer. I guess it was the only named that sounded somewhat like Cooper.

The Cooper I knew before was a quiet and shy boy, waiting to be greeted or not saying anything at all, except for me though. He'd always greet me first, only in a less loud and surprising way.

"That's not offensive at all," Cooper said sarcastically.

"Y-You've changed," I stammered while eyeing him. He was always tall but the muscles seemed to make him appear much much taller. He looked to be 6'3 now and I barely reached 5'2.

"So have you. You've finally got boobs."

All my nerves washed away after hearing that. He was still the same childish boy who hung with me before.

I whacked him on the head. "Pervert."

I began walking off to put my bags down in the house.

"Nice ass too."

That made me stop. I turned around, dropping my bags where they were, not caring if they landed on the muddy grass and I slowly began charging towards Cooper. That rude boy. How was he twenty-four? And he's getting married too.

He howled with laughter and began running away with me on his tail. Not only had he gained muscles but he had become fitter and much faster. I used to be running at the same speed as him because he was that unfit and now I was a metre behind. I considered myself to be a fast runner since I ran track when I was very young. I'm proud to say I still have it in me.