{25} Sketched Hearts

"you trust me?"

"you trust me?"

Everyone knows the famous quote, 'time flies by when you're having fun' but is it really true? I'd put that to the test during the past one or two weeks and it was actually true. One minute, I would in mathematics class in period one on a Monday and the next second I was in business class, period six the following Friday.

The rumours were shockingly dying down faster than an ice cube would melt on a boiling summer's day. The school was now buzzing about some other gossip. From all my experience of being a bug on the wall and listening to all the rumours, they seemed to last much longer than the rumours of Carson and I or perhaps it was the 'time flies by when you're having fun' thing again.

I'll be honest, never, ever, in my entire life did I ever picture my very close future and last year in high school to be spent with Carson, Jett and May, who I never spared a glance at or even spoken to. Until Carson cockily sauntered to the isolated wooden bench and began flirting with me. Not to mention the apology and asking to be my friend.

Do I regret saying yes?

The same question had been unfailingly glued to my mind since I agreed. No matter how hard I tried to push the thought out of subconscious, it refused to be shut out.

Either way, I couldn't do anything about it now. Majority of my brain has made up its mind and agreed without my consent that it enjoys the company of my new friends and would rather not be lonely again.

Carson and I had presented our business assessment today. I apologised multiple times for forgetting lines, stuttering and practically reading off my palm cards and giving no eye contact throughout the whole time. I was horrible at speaking in front of people and every time I did, my palm cards would be ripped to shreds by the amount of sweat my hands produced.

Nevertheless, it was done and dusted.

All I could do now was wait for the results and pray that we didn't do too badly, but of course, we wouldn't have because Carson was the one who covered up for most of my stutters and mistakes.

Give me forty minutes and I'll give you an A grade essay, but give me four weeks to prepare for a speech and present it and I'll get an F.

It was a late Friday afternoon and Carson suggested we all go out for some celebratory ice-cream. And we, as in the four of us, including May and Jett too.

I jumped in Carson's Car, while May happily clipped on her white helmet and hopped on her boyfriend's sleek motorbike. We hung back at school for almost twenty minutes, waiting for everyone in the school to leave before us, or else they would see us. There was one white car left but their owners weren't in sight so we left earlier than anticipated. It must've belonged to someone rich because even though I couldn't name the specific model, I knew it was one of those cars which cost over at least a hundred grand.