Chapter 8: Gabrielle's POV

It was a sunny day. Maybe that was the reason I was singing. Or maybe it was the fact that I was going on my first date with the Prince today!

I had no idea what to wear! If only I knew where he was taking me...

"Lady Gabrielle, we have the perfect dress for your date!" My maids chimed to me carrying this baby blue wonder. I awed at the sight of how magnificent the dress was.

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed looking at all of the details of it. Surely, this would impress Prince Caleb.

--

"Are you ready Gabrielle?" Caleb asked arriving at my door, holding out his hand for me to take.

"Most defiantly so," I smiled wide and took his hand.

"May I ask where are you taking me?" I say holding on to his arm.

"We are going to the beach!" He says with a huge, excited smile plastered on his face. I smiled to.

"I love the beach," I hugged his arm.

"Woah, you have got some muscles on you." I pointed out squeezing them. He just nodded and shrugged.

--

"So your saying your faster then me?" I ask a little taken aback.

"Yep!" Caleb said already jogging, he stopped and took off his what looked like really expensive shoes off. I did the same.

"Let's see about that," I dash off without any warning and Caleb is yelling behind.

"Such a cross-country star!" I yell sarcastically behind me. That is when I did not notice the rock. I tripped and landed straight on my face, I think I may have swallowed a little sand.

Caleb rushed up to me asking if I was okay. 'Very graceful' I thought to myself, as I turned around to face Caleb. He offered his hand to me up.

I took it, but I didn't go up, he came down.

"Take that pretty boy!" I said with a devious smile, standing up, and running again.

"Why did I fall for that. Literally." Caleb said to himself out loud and I just laughed. He got up and ran as fast as he could after me.

I kept running, all the way ink the water. I started hiking up the ends of my dress but is was already ruined.

"Sorry, Wendy, Alice, and Denise." I said and I cringed when I ripped the dress until it was knee-length.

By this time Caleb had caught up to me, and grabbed me from behind.

"I've got you now!" He yelled swooping me up bridal style. I started kicking, I closed my eyes and squealed like a little girl for the fun of it.

"Do you want me to drop you?" He asked a little confused.

I stopped squealing and it was completely quiet.

"No." I said with a smile, and he smiled back. I jumped out of his arms and into the water. I raced out there and he chased after me.

I was in waist deep when I remembered, I can't swim.

With Caleb there, I felt protected.

I grabbed a handful of sand from the bottom and reached on my tip-toes, dumped it on Caleb's head.

"Now your a sandy blonde." I said smiling, as he gathered some sand of his own. It landed right on my stomach.

"You are a very dirty girl." He said plainly and we both burst out laughing. Our sand war continued until I made one big ball of sand knocking him under water. I laughed as he came up inhaling a big breath.

"Hey look! I'm taller then you know!" I exclaimed as he pulled me down with him.

"You know I hate being one-uped." He laughed. His eyes sparkled, and reflected against the ocean.

"Gabrielle... There's something on your lip." He said getting closer.

"Really?" I said staying calm, I could tell where this was heading, and I tried to stay cool.

"Yeah, I better get that." He said pulling me in for a kiss. We kissed for a while, and I loved it, we finally let go taking a breather.

"You are so cheesy." I laughed, splashing him a little.

"My lips or the pick-up line?" He asked with a huge grin on his face.

"Both." I whispered, kissing him again. The second time had even more sparks then the first. We parted and his eyes went wide.

"Gabrielle, your arm is bleeding." He said taking my arm gently and inspecting it. Surely enough, crimson liquid was oozing out of my arm.

"It looks like I got cut." I said cringing as the saltwater was seeping in.

"Let's get you to shore." Caleb said carrying me on his back to the beach area.

---

"I need to apply pressure to the wound," Caleb said thinking for a moment. He was talking all medical to me.

"I know!" He piped up and starting taking his shirt off. My eyes went wide.

"Caleb! What are you-" he cut me off when he tied it around my arm. Of course I barely noticed because I was to busy staring at his abs.

"Wow..." I seemed to mutter, but he was paying so much attention to my arm, Caleb did not seem to notice.

"The scar is bad, but not that bad." Caleb smiled taking a step back.

"Not as bad as the scars I have now." I blurted without even thinking. My face went as pale as a ghost.

"What scars?" Caleb asked a little confused. I sigh heavily and show him my back where my step-mom had beaten. I was abused at home, my father never knew because he was so busy working and running the hotel we owned. I even had a fiancé before. I still wore the ring. I explain my whole story to Caleb, as a tear starts down my cheek.

"It's okay." He hugs me, yet avoiding my scars.

"I will always protect you," he whispers in my ear.

"Always."