16

--- One Month Later ---

PoV: Shadow

"Do you really have to go?" The woman asked.

"I need to bring him back home, at least until he gets his memory back," I answered.

"They might find him if you go back," she said, "I don't want you two being kidnapped again. Please, at least stay until they've given up."

"Shadow," Sonic pulled me back towards the woman, "I want to stay with Laura, do we have to go?"

"Alright..." I can't say no to that face, I held Sonic close, "We'll stay a while longer."

"You can't say no to him can you?" Laura smirked.

"Shut it," I growled.

"Hmhmhm! You two are adorable," she giggled.

"You're only half right," I replied, "Sonic's the only adorable one."

"Of course," she pinched my cheek, "You're a handsome boy."

"Knock it off woman," I growled.

"Alright, alright. Sonic, come here sweetie," Sonic walked over to her, "Shadow you can't look. Turn around."

I rolled my eyes and turned around. They whispered and giggled for a while. I felt arms around me.

"Guess who," it was Sonic.

"Hm... Sonic," I pulled him around.

"You always guess right," he laughed.

He looked astonishing... the short white ruffled skirt and long sleeves. The white bow by his ears. The white socks and shoes... no one could come close to pulling it off better.

"You like it?" Laura asked.

"It's pure white, it looks good on him," I answered as Sonic skipped around a little.

"It's a kimono. White is for purity. It suits him perfectly doesn't it?" She nudged me towards him.

"Shadow, do you like?" Sonic asked as he twirled.

"It's beautiful," I hugged him and nuzzled his neck.

"Laura said she's going to make me many more like this with all kinds of colors. Won't they be pretty?" He had the brightest look in his eyes.

"Yes, that will be. But they'll look prettiest on you," I kissed his ear.

---

Sonic spent all day dressed up. Once Laura was in bed I sat on the back porch with Sonic besides me. We watched the stars and moon together and Sonic's smile stopped.

"Shadow... we used to fight a lot huh?" My heart practically stopped. He remembered!

"Yes... we were rivals..." I had to stay calm to see exactly how much he remembered.

"We met on the arch... no... that wasn't it... it was on the city streets, but we didn't really talk there. Do you remember that?" He asked.

"I do, very clearly. You were different then," I answered.

"Shadow, I don't want to go back to that. I care for the team, but I like it here with you," he remembers a lot more than I thought he did... when did he get his memories back?

"When did you get your memories back?"

"Two weeks ago, Laura was giving me a bath. She said I fell asleep, but it was something else. When I woke up in bed, I just remembered everything. I freaked out at first, but then I listed out my two lives," he started.

"Listed out your two lives?" I looked down at him, "What do you mean by that?"

"In my last life, I was always fighting or doing something. I was always a hero. In this life, I have you. So I picked which was better, this one is. I didn't need to worry, because I'm going to stay here with you."

He kept his memories a secret... I would have never expected that. He doesn't want to go back to his old life, oh well. I guess I'm living here with him.

---

Sonic fell asleep in the room Laura set up for us. I made a quick phone call.

"You're what?!" Rouge shouted on the other line, "Shadow where the hell are you?!"

"I can't tell you right now," I answered her, "but we're going to live here with our new companion."

"Is Sonic okay at least? Has he gotten any better?" Tails asked in the background.

"Rouge hand the phone to Tails," I ordered.

"You're on speaker," she answered.

"Sonic is... He's better than ever. Tails, you want to talk to him?" I hear them all scream. As Sonic came in, waking up at 11 like he always did.

"Yes, I do. Is he awake?"

"Sonic," I waved him over, "do you want to talk to Tails and the others?"

"Are they going to be loud?" He asked.

"They might be, do you want your necklace?"

He nodded and I handed him the phone. I grabbed his necklace from the nightstand and place it around his neck. He sat down and held the phone to his ear.

PoV: Sonic

"Hello?" I asked.

"Sonic, is that you?"

"Yeah..."

"I can't believe you're finally talking again. Do you know where you are?" It took me a second to realize it was Tails talking to me.

"I can't tell you right now. But I do know it's night time here," I said.

"Nighttime? You must be in another time zone. It's still daylight here," he said.

"Hi, Big blue."

"Who?" I was still fuzzy on nicknames.

"You silly, that's what I called you," it was Rouge.

"R-right, sorry... I'm not so good with nicknames. Y-you're Rouge right?" I asked to be safe.

"Yes, Have you remembered everyone yet?" She asked.

"I'm not sure... there's you, Tails, Shadow, Amy, Knuckles, Sticks... um..." I couldn't remember any more names.

"Oh don't worry Sonic, just relax and rest okay," Tails spoke up, "I'll be sure to have home ready for you."

"Alright..." maybe I should tell them later...

"That's enough for now," Shadow took the phone and started talking. Took the necklace off... my hands were shaking... that never happened around Shadow or Laura. Why them? "Goodnight," Shadow put the phone back and took my hands, "Your tired Sonic. Go get some rest."

"Shadow... don't ever leave me okay... I can't live without you."

"I already promised you that," his lips pressed against mine and I felt heat.

  It was so good when he did that. This time it felt more intense. I just had to trust what was coming.

~~~