18

PoV: 3rd Person

Crooked yellow teeth showed through a smile. Greyed eyes watched the equations on his whiteboard. Hands carefully poured chemicals into flashed and test tubes.

"Professor, we have Eggman's location," a servant stated.

"Excellent. We will invite our offer to him tomorrow morning. How are on finding my precious experiment?" He asked.

"He's in protected territory. We can not enter without being found. Unfortunately, we don' know which segment of territory he's in."

"You got him out in two weeks Shadow. Not bad, but I've been meaning to test this for a long time. Time to make Sonic bleed like never before. Ahahahahah!HAHAHAHHAHAHA!" His cackle echoed through the laboratory, even his servant grew nervous of the plans their boss had.

PoV: Shadow

"Shadow~" Sonic hugged me and I walked out of the shower, "can we go out tomorrow? I want to somewhere other than the house."

"You know you'll have to hide," I sighed and I scratched behind his ear.

"... I don't mind. I just want to stretch my legs by going somewhere," he purred.

"We'll find you somewhere to run. I promise, we just have to keep you safe for now," I kissed him and he snuggled against me.

"Then we should start a garden. We can have every kind of flower in one place. Won't that be pretty?" He asked.

"Still nothing compared to you," he giggled as he squeezed my hand.

"I had a dream last night," he sighed, "I didn't enjoy it."

"What was it?"

"We were back there... again..." he started crying, "he... he..."

"Shhhshsh, Sonic," I quickly pulled him in and held him tight as he burst into tears, "I won't let them take you. I'll lay down my life for you."

  I did whatever I could to keep him from crying any further. What that man had done to him, it was irreversible. All I could do was protect him, and that's what I planned to do.

"I'll never let anyone hurt you," I wiped his tears and kissed his forehead, "Not for the entire universe. Nothing comes close to how much I care for you."

"I... I know... it's just......" I kissed him.

"I will protect you. For all eternity," I kiss him over and over again.

  His breath started calming down. This was the first time I had seen him panic in a long while. I place the necklace around his neck and he calmed down completely. Still, I held him out of comfort. My hope to avoid him having an anxiety or panic attack. I saved him to keep him safe, he was my responsibility.

"Sonic," he didn't answer, I didn't expect him to, "I love you okay," I dried the last of his tears and kissed his ear, "I love you."

~~~