24

PoV: Shadow

  I couldn't stop the bleeding. I looked for anything to help, then I checked Eric's pockets. The very gun that's been keeping Sonic alive from the torture in his coat.

"Sonic, I know this is horrible. This is the only way I can save you," I wiped my tears, not caring for the blood on my hands, "please bear with me."

  I removed the cloths and the open wound started gushing again. I aimed and pulled the trigger. Sonic screamed! I held his hand as I kept going, his flesh closing around the open wound. Once it was closed I dropped the gun I pulled him into my arms.

"I'm sorry, I know it hurts. I'm sorry. We're gonna take you home now, okay. I'm going to take you back so I can protect you. I'll help you with everything okay. I won't let anyone touch you. Okay, he's dead now. No one's going to hurt you."

"Paramedics are here. Come on, well help you down," Gun agents helped us down, I couldn't risk anything right now. Chaos Control could accidentally drain him.

"Don't nudge him," I ordered.

  We got him down and I carried him back to the ships. The paramedics started checking him. They injected him with painkillers and antibodies. I didn't leave his side. Amy, Tails, Knuckles, and Sticks were given blankets and tea. I was offered some but refused. Sonic was my only concern.

"He seems alright, but the hospital is going to do a much more thorough check. We ordered MRIs and x-rays. All full body. A few other dozen tests," the head paramedic stated, "Now all we can do is let her rest."

"I should have killed him the first time I saw him," I growled.

"He wasn't there the first time, I'm afraid there's nothing you can change now. You can only hope," Rouge sat down and placed a blanket over my shoulders, "but it's over now. There's no other threat than Eggman and he's under house arrest since you snapped at the commander."

"No wonder we haven't seen him," I held Sonic's hand, he was only sleeping. So long as he was alive, breathing, and safe I felt somewhat peaceful.

"You're covered in blood," Rouge wiped my cheek with a wet cloth, "You were crying weren't you."

"He was going to die," I kissed his hand, "I had to do what I could."

"Sonic's got to be happy to have you. But I wonder if he'll remember you. He might have reset from this," she said that and I remembered Sonic's biting me, he didn't remember us.

---

  They took all of us to a hospital. Sonic was taken into emergency care. We were all checked up on. I was fine, and Sonic's group was only mentally harmed. It was almost a full day before I was allowed to see Sonic again.

"Shadow, you'll be happy to know there's no permanent physical damage. He's been, sleeping the entire time," the nurse pulled the covers over him, "You'll be allowed to take him home in a week."

"I'll be staying here until then," I stated.

"I'll have a second bed set up for you," she left and I stayed with Sonic. He slept the entire time.

PoV: Sonic

  Where am I? I didn't feel too much pain. It was strange. I felt heat. I opened my eyes to colors. I was in a little box.

"He's up, that's good," I heard voices.

"Welcome home Sonic," a yellow and white thing was in front of me now. I saw a black and red one behind it.

  I don't know you... maybe... I looked at black and red, it sat in front of me and opened the box. It had something in its hand, I liked the smell.

"Shadow, he still likes you."

  Shadow... are you the reason I remember that word?

~~~

  He's alive! Sonic's alive! Who else cried?

  I did. And hearing my sister's laugh from behind my wall didn't make me feel better. But I'm calm now so I'm gonna sleep.

  Night guys.

Bye bye ~ 😙