28

PoV: Sonic

  Food. I want food. I looked around, there wasn't anything to eat. I just had my gecko, I was done with her for now. Shadow was by my box again. I liked it when he was close by. I tried getting his attention, he just rubbed my ear. I said I wanted food.

"Shadow, here," Yellow and white handed him a bowl, "It's been a while since you ate."

"Thanks," he took the bowl but he wasn't eating, and he wasn't giving me any either.

  Hey, you're not eating. I watched him take his first bit, that's good but I want food too.

  Everyone else was eating, I didn't have anything yet. I looked at Shadow and watched his bowl for a while, I wonder what that yummy stuff is called.

PoV: Shadow

  I saved half my food for Sonic, he was watching my bowl. I fed him a bite and he jaw locked the fork.

"Hey, drop it," I pulled it away, he just had a smile on his face, "let go."

  He let go and stole a larger piece of stake from my plate.

"Sonic," I laughed a little, he was playing, "You're turning into a thief."

"He's got energy today," Tails fed Sonic another bite.

  Sonic was leaning over the top of the box more often now. I finished feeding him, he kept eating from Tails's plate after. The others were doing their own thing and I laid on the couch. I felt something climb onto my lap. I looked to find that Sonic was curled up on my lap, chewing on his gecko. I placed my hand on his back, he gave me no reaction. I laid back on the pillows, whatever makes him happy.

---

  Once Sonic was asleep, him being out of his box was the topic of the house. Sonic didn't care unless he was crowded. He growled whenever more than one hand reached to pet him, and he had no issue with biting.

"He's out," Tails was the only other Sonic let get so close, "did you do something or what?"

"I just sat down, Sonic jumped up on his own," I answered.

"He's really starting to trust you," Tails ruffled Sonic's quills a bit.

  Sonic fell back to sleep after Tails scratched his ear.

"He likes you too. No one else has gotten so close," I moved Sonic onto a pillow I was laying on, "watch him for a moment. I'm just going to the bathroom."

"I will."

---

  I came back and Sonic was still asleep. I sat next to him and Tails put his box away. We left the cushion in his box out so he could lay on it if he wanted to. It's nice to see you playing.

~~~

  I know the chapter is short but I've got my early Thanksgiving with my mom tonight so I'm just hungry.

  Also tired cause my air quality is meh right now. I'm not sure how many of you know about the fires in California but there's a lot of smoke in my area because of that. Don't worry, I have my meds to keep me breathing and it's not hazardous at the moment so there's not too much a problem.

I'll see you guys later, I'll be in a good coma tonight from Turkey so maybe I'll update again tomorrow. I'll be lucky if I can even type tonight. See you soon.

Bye bye ~ 😙