25

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic was shouting in his sleep at 2 am. He had been having night terrors, there was nothing I could do to wake him. I just held him and rocked him until he calmed down and fell back to sleep. He was still wincing from his injuries, but he wouldn't let anyone touch him. This was the only time I could hold him. I gently laid him back on his bed, I laid back down on the ground. I hadn't been sleeping, not that I needed it, I wanted to keep an eye on Sonic. He slept peacefully the rest of the night.

--- Morning ---

  Sonic woke up and went right back into his box. I carried him and his box downstairs. I placed him in front of the couch on the rug we got for him.

"I heard him wake up last night," Tails had a bowl of porridge in his hands, "Another night terror, he's had a lot more than before. Sonic, you hungry?"

"He's had more done to him than before," I took a bite of the porridge and then held out a spoonful for him, "it's okay, it's just warm."

  He smelt the spoon just before taking a bite. That was the first time he had eaten in a week.

"He's finally eating," Tails laid back, bags were under his eyes.

"He's probably trusting us a bit more," I kept feeding Sonic as Tails napped beside the box.

  Sonic napped along with him in his box. The others came down and ate. They had mostly gotten over what they saw, seeing that Sonic's body was healed now.

  G.U.N had us all in one house under witness protection. I killed the enemy, but for the sake of their mental healing process, everyone was moved to a large house where we could stay together. The girls stayed in one room, Knuckles and Tails in the other. I stayed in a room with Sonic, I laid on the ground because I couldn't see him from the top bunk. His room was almost perfectly replicated, the only my difference was the bed above him. I was going to remove it when the others came down.

Sonic always woke up when someone came into the room, though our scents where all over the house now, he didn't notice so much anymore. His eyes opened for a second as Knuckles came down. I asked him to watch over  Sonic and Tails as I went upstairs.

I lifted the send buck out of its latches. I chaos controlled to the shed and put it down there. Not it was just the kingsized bed Sonic had. My bed was just a twin size they bolted onto it. That fact it was so easy to remove meant it was a hazard for Sonic. If it had fallen on him I'd have Commander Tower's throat.

  I went back downstairs. It was quiet, Sonic was awake now. Knuckles was eating a bowl of porridge. I sat down in front of Sonic. He just watched me. I laid down, hoping for him to climb out on his own like before. He came to the edge of his box and stayed there. I decided to try something. I held the back of hand up for him. He backed away and I sighed, feeling my hand fall against the edge of the box. I miss you Sonic. Come back to me alright.

PoV: Sonic 

  It was laying in front of my box, black and red did that a lot. I laid back down, white and yellow got back up and left. Red sat down near us. I noticed part of black and red was in my box... a white thing. Its paw. Why do I feel like I've felt this before?

  I pinned it down anyway, it was mine now.

PoV: Shadow

  I wanted to grab him and hug him. Sonic was finally starting to play again. I didn't care that he was pulling my glove off for the millionth time, I was just happy to see him moving around. He bite me, I flinched and he pinned my hand again. I let him fiddle with my fingers and soon he started trying to rip apart my glove.

  The others watched as soon as the heard his playful growling. He laid down on my hand as he kept playing. This was the happiest I had been since I saved him.

~~~