26

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic had been coming to the edge of his box more often, he still never got out. The others were practically healed. Knuckles never insulted Sonic anymore, Amy wasn't as big a bitch, Sticks was exactly the same and completely unphased. Tails was still the inventor he was, but his focus was completely on Sonic. Rouge started stopping by to check on everyone. I simply stayed by Sonic's side, not once did I not know where he was and what he was doing.

"Sonic~" Rouge held a rope toy in front of Sonic's box, it jingles to catch his attention, "You like the colors?"

"Why did you buy that?" I asked.

"He won't let you near him, right? If he likes it then by chewing it, it'll get the plaque off his teeth and floss his gums. I doubt he'll be able to handle dentists and cavities at the moment," she got him to bite the toy and pull it back, "Here."

"Dog treats?" I looked at the bag she handed me.

"An invention of G.U.N's hygienist. They're treats with safe to swallow toothpaste. One in the morning and one at night, it's the only way he'll brush," She tossed one into Sonic's box. He growled at it and pounced on it. It was clear he was attacking, but as soon as he bit it he laid down and started eating it, "see, he's brushing."

"Did you come here just for that?" I looked at the toothbrush-shaped treat in my hand, it definitely reeked of mint.

"I came to check up on you guys mostly. I'll be spending the day here," she took a seat on the couch.

"That's nice."

"You're welcome."

  I rolled my eyes and returned to watching Sonic, the source of the jingling. He was trying to rip apart the knots that made the gecko-shaped rope. He had finished the treat already. Seeing his teeth they did look cleaner. His gums looked less swollen as well, it really was working to keep his teeth clean.

"He likes the toy," Tails came down and watched Sonic fight with the rope gecko a while, "it's nice to see him play."

"It is. Do you think he'll come out sooner now?" Tails asked me.

"I'm not sure, but I hope so," the jingling continued, for a good ten minutes before Sonic naped again.

"He tires out fast, like a cat," Tails placed a blanket over his box so he could sleep in a dull light.

"He's just healing, I'm sure Sonic will be talking again soon," Rouge handed Tails a box, "I got you all sweaters for the cold. Winter is going to start up soon. This one's for Sonic... but you might have trouble getting it on him. How's getting him in the tub going?"

"Horrible," Tails sighed, "he won't budge. Some agent from G.U.N takes him whenever we get up. But when the bath is done Sonic's unconscious. I know they sedicate him to make the bath easier."

"It's their only option or permanent scare Sonic into being afraid of the tub. He's already afraid of water."

"I know, I just wish they gave us actual time to work with him."

  They kept talking about G.U.N, I simply ignored it. I noticed a latch on the roof of Sonic's box, it was to open the top. I had never noticed it I was so focused on keeping an eye on him. I unhooked it and moved the blanket back after opening the top. That might get him more curious to look around.

  A while passed, the day was quiet and peaceful.

PoV: Sonic

  I woke up and it was nighttime. I backed away when nighttime was pulled off my box. The top was gone. I pick looked over the new edge I had. I could see everything. Everyone and what they were doing. Red was laying down. Pink was with Brown. Black and Red was next to, it was always next to me. Yellow and White was talking with White. I picked up the colorful thing White gave me. I feel the need to show Black and Red what I got.

"You like your gecko toy," it said.

Gecko? What's that? This is my rainbow thing.

"It's nice to see you looking around," it held something, red and... yellow... or is that white? "You want an apple slice?"

  Apple... I feel like I know what that is...

  It bit one, "here."

  Oo! It's food. I like food. I bit one, it was good. I wanted more and it gave me more. You know... this feels like it's happened before. I kinda like you Black and Red...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... Shadow.

~~~

And let the binge begin. Sorry, this took a while, I had to put my sister down for a nap and make brunch for myself.

  But without further ado, the binge begins.

Just warning you guys, tomorrow night it Thanksgiving

with my mom

so I might no update too much. But then I will be free until Thursdays which is  Thanksgiving

with my dad.

  So this will be fun, I'll see ya real soon.

Bye bye ~ 😙