CHAPTER 6

Eomma = Mom (In Korean)
Appa = Dad (In Korean)
______________________

It was the 20th of November. Tuesday. And at exactly 12:00 am, Jungkook stood in front of two graves, placed side by side.

He let out a deep sigh as his lips wavered and he struggled to breathe. It had been more than 10 years since his parents died...14 years to be exact.

Yet, he could never bring himself to stop all the images of his parents before and after the accident. He could never stop his nightmares too. His nightmares were a reason why he hated sleeping, and also why he took up a job which'll take a large part of his night and prevent him from sleeping.

It was his bestfriend Yugyeom who forced him to sleep at night, either by telling him lame stories or by simply hugging him tight and comforting him.

But that was a thing they did in school. They both hardly had time to personally meet up now, yet they still always had each other's backs. Yugyeom would leave everything for Jungkook, and Jungkook would do the same.

As for his nightmares, they ranged from splitting images of the accident, or him getting badly bullied.

Jungkook had never received any love from anyone, apart from Yugyeom. Jungkook was always referred to as boring or lame, owing to his shy nature.

Yoongi was probably the only one to accept him as he is, apart from Yugyeom. Jimin seemed kind too, or who actually invites you to some party without even knowing you?

Thinking about them automatically led to thoughts about Taehyung. Jungkook really failed to understand him. He had this mysterious aura around him. Sure, he was rude as fuck and arrogant...but Jungkook didn't believe he really was like that deep down. Jungkook didn't want to judge him in a span of just 3 days.

Jungkook sat down, as he stared at the graves. It was the day his parents died...

Jungkook placed down a bouquet of white roses on the graves.
He hadn't gone to the cafè today for his night shift. 20th November was the day when he'd completely shut himself away from the world. He never attended classes as a child on this day, and no one even noticed, thinking he was sick. If anyone had found his absence suspicious, no one had commented on it.

He switched off his phone and left it in his house before coming here. His eyes glazed and a tear fell, and then there was no stopping. His tears fell one by one, as he let out a sob he was holding.

He wiped them away with the back of his sleeves.

"I-I'm sorry eomma and appa...I'm s-such a c-crybaby...I know y-you wouldn't be p-proud of me today," he cried

"I-I'm sorry I didn't die that day...I really s-should've...I'm a worthless waste of space and a-air anyway,"

And Jungkook cried even more. He felt a hand gently squeeze his shoulder and he stilled.

He turned back to see his parents standing behind him, smiling sadly.

Jungkook almost choked.

His mother wiped away his tears with her thumb and kissed his forehead, while his father ruffled his hair softly, something he used to always do to Jungkook as a child.

"E-Eomma...A-Appa...you both are h-here...? I searched for you both for s-so long" Jungkook spoke between sobs

"Son, we want to tell you something. Will you promise to listen to us and follow it?" His mother spoke, smiling fondly

"I c-can even k-kill myself for you both." he spoke, still trying to control his sobs but failing miserably

"Jungkookie...it's been 14 years since we died...why do you still blame yourself for what to us? It pains us to see our son suffering like this." His father spoke, voice laced with pain