CHAPTER 14

"You're an idiot, you know that right?" Jimin grumbled, flicking Jungkook's forehead

"Oh well, I'm sorry I didn't expect you to get cornered by roadside gangs! You're a cop, why didn't you just shoot them with your gun or something?" Jungkook groaned, rubbing his forehead

"Being a cop doesn't give me all the freedom to shoot someone! Plus, it happened all too quick for me to even react."

Jungkook sighed, as him and Jimin walked to his house. Jungkook planned on taking Jimin back to his house, but he refused. It took Jungkook 5 minutes to realise that Jimin didn't want to go back because of Yoongi. They lived in the same house, afterall.

Jimin didn't say anything about the fight or why was he just roaming around unsafe areas, instead he kept walking. Jungkook had offered to take Jimin to his house for the night, and the older had readily agreed.

"Anyway, why are you even here at this time of the night?" Jimin asked, slightly concerned

"I work at a cafè here." Jungkook spoke, matter of factly

Jimin hummed in response and continued walking, silently praying for Jungkook to not ask him why he was there. What would he tell him anyway? The fact that he left Yoongi and realised he had nowhere to go?

Jungkook didn't ask anything, knowing fully well that Jimin wouldn't be comfortable. He would wait until Jimin told him something.

And so it was, their silent yet comfortable walk to Jungkook's home.

Jungkook made a mental note of texting Yoongi that he'd found Jimin.

After a while of walking, they reached Jungkook's place, and Jimin literally crashed on the bed, too tired for pleasantries.

Jungkook smiled slightly as he locked the main door and silently took the couch.

---------------------------

Both Jungkook and Jimin were rudely interrupted from their blissful sleep, with the continuous ringing of the doorbell.

"Jungkook-ah...were you expecting someone so early?" Jimin spoke groggily, still half-asleep

Jungkook shook his head as he glanced at the time. It was just 6 am.

Nevertheless, he got up to open the door. When he saw the person outside, all his grogginess and sleep vanished away in a whisk.

Kim Taehyung

"M-Mr. Kim...? Why are you h-here so early?"

"Chill, Jeon. I'm not here to kiss you tenderly and wish you a good morning or some shit. Yoongi wanted me to involve you in the search for Jimin, as well. So here I am." Taehyung rolled his eyes, looking annoyed at having to involve him

Jungkook just blinked. And that's when it dawned on him that he forgot texting Yoongi about the fact that he found Jimin already.

He felt his throat go dry, as he watched Taehyung, looking all intimidating.

"I know I'm handsome, but you need to stop checking me out like a fucking weirdo. Go and get dressed. Yoongi wants you to help us out for searching Chim." Taehyung groaned saying the last part, not really wanting to involve Jungkook

"Actually, I needed to tell something to you and Yoongi...I'm sorry I forgot to, bu-"

"Jungkook-ah...? Why are you taking so long? Who's there?"