CHAPTER 12

The week went by pretty fast. Jungkook had joined work a day later, and on his insistence, Taehyung decided to take a week off. But the thing that left Jungkook astonished was the fact that Taehyung had been still living in his house. Not that he was complaining, but he just assumed that Taehyung should be in his luxurious house to heal faster, than a poor ass house like Jungkook's. But Taehyung just wouldn't budge.

Each morning, before heading to work, Jungkook would prepare Taehyung a meal, while Taehyung would be still peacefully sleeping. And each evening, he'd come back to Taehyung sternly telling him not to do things for him.

He was used to it by now. The only thing he wasn't used to, was  a plain smile from him. Taehyung had no idea how much that smile affected Jungkook.

His heart would beat erratically whenever Taehyung's lips curved into a smile, he could record his smile on a camcorder and play it on loop every single day

Anyway, office without Taehyung was chaotic. Every single fangirl wanted to know what happened to Taehyung. And all of them attacked Jungkook on it. He figured it was Evelyn who couldn't keep her mouth shut and told everyone that Taehyung was last seen at Jungkook's place. Jungkook obviously didn't mention anything close to truth, and made up some story instead.

But he still felt himself get uncomfortable whenever his fangirls would shoot daggers at Jungkook. Obviously, Taehyung wanted to know about everyone and everything happening in the office in his absence, so Jungkook had to reluctantly narrate about his crazy fangirls, to which Taehyung would just laugh, causing Jungkook to pout and cross his arms over his chest.

"Wow, you don't feel even 1% bad about the fact that I've got to deal with your crazy fangirls!"

"Hold up, how am I at fault?!"

"Well, if you hadn't told Ms. Evelyn of your whereabouts that day, she wouldn't have known and told everyone else that you're at my house!"

"That's just ridiculous of you to blame on me." Taehyung would huff

That's pretty much what they'd argue about, every evening. Taehyung was gradually healing, and he was able to walk without limping much, thankfully.

In this one week of Taehyung being at Jungkook's,  he'd gotten to know him better. Maybe Taehyung wasn't such an ass afterall...

-----------------------------

That night, Jungkook returned home in a hurry. Taehyung, who had been scrolling through his phone, looked up to see Jungkook.

"Hey, how was work?"

"It was fine. I've to go somewhere. I'll return late, please don't wait for me." Jungkook said, rather curtly