CHAPTER 30

Taehyung heard the soft 'goodnight' followed by his door being gently shut.

He went through and over Jungkook's words. He was right. Taehyung felt utterly disappointed at how he had behaved, why would Jungkook want to marry him? Or even date him for that matter. No one does, and in fact, if Taehyung met someone like himself, he wouldn't date them either.

Taehyung chuckled at his own thoughts. He hated how he always kept reminding himself that no one loved him. The last person to ever love him had died when he was 14.

And after that...no one loved him. Taehyung didn't love himself either.

Yes, he had Jimin, right from when they were in diapers, but that sort of love is different. Jimin had Yoongi now...and Taehyung would feel like a burden if he went rushing to him at every other thing.

Jungkook on the other hand...had lovely parents and a good friend back in Busan. Not that he's salty but sometimes he wished he could swap lives with Jungkook. He wanted to lead a normal life for a day.

Jungkook wasn't rich, and hence had nothing to worry about. Its only when you have money, that you keep worrying. Either about reputation or about spending it.

Taehyung knew sooner or later he'd have to settle down and get married. And sadly, that someone would've only wanted the money.

Taehyung had accepted that he'd never have the only thing that he craved for,...true love.

Taehyung didn't want all this money, even though he had played a part in earning some of it. He just wanted to give everything up and go back to Daegu, his mother's hometown. He just wanted to live with her memories forever.

Little did Taehyung know, that both him and Jungkook weren't so different afterall. Just like him, Jungkook too, wanted to go back to Busan. He was just here to complete his duty of paying his guardian angel back.

And this marriage had broken them both apart. The solution was right in front of them, yet they chose to ignore it.

Letting his thoughts take over him, Taehyung figured he won't get any sleep tonight. Who needs sleep anyway? His life was fucked up as it is, and it wouldn't matter to him if he died, not that anyone would care.

Shutting his eyes, he was plunged into darkness.

--------------------

Jungkook's tears just wouldn't stop. No matter how strong and determined he looked just moments back, it all went down the drain as soon as he entered his room, slammed the door, and slid down with his back against the door. He didn't know why he was crying, definitely not for himself as he was used to life throwing him into dark pits.

All this while he thought of Taehyung, like fuck, he must be so heartbroken at the moment. His own dad broke his trust.

The younger knew there was no way out. He had to find out what Kim Daehyung's motives were. But first and foremost, he had to make Taehyung comfortable and put a smile on his face, no matter how long that took. He wanted Taehyung to be happy, with or without him, and that's just what he'd do.

Jeon Jungkook promised to himself.

----------------

The next day they went back to Korea. After a tiring yet silent journey, Jungkook heaved a sigh of relief entering his apartment. Taehyung, as expected, ignored him the entire journey. He just pretended as if Jungkook wasn't even there. Jungkook had seen it coming anyway, he was just thankful that Taehyung didn't break into a full blown tantrum.