CHAPTER 23

Taehyung woke up to the sound of birds. Literally.

Rubbing his eyes, he groaned. He hated waking up. Each night he went to sleep secretly wishing that he'd never wake up, and each morning he was left disappointed. 

Taking in his surroundings, he knew it at once - he was at Jungkook's place. Again.

He didn't have to think too hard though, he had seen and been at his house so many times, that he'd be able to recognise it even if he went blind.

But wait - why was he at Jungkook's place, again??

He bolted out of the bed and looked around the room, no sign of Jungkook. He walked out of the bedroom and into the hall room. Nope, still no sign of Jungkook.

Exasperated, he went for his phone and dialled Jungkook's number. It was switched off. Taehyung keened and almost threw his phone away.

He grabbed his coat and was about to make his way out of Jungkook's house, but stopped when he spotted a small sticky note stuck on the main door. It said :-

Good morning!! If you wake up, please honour the ramen waiting for you in the kitchen. And oh, if I don't answer your call or texts, it's probably because my phone is running on low battery :(( 

------------From Jungkook (the guy whose house you crashed last night :<)

Even though Taehyung felt the heavy hangover, he smiled, despite his best efforts not to.

He walked or rather, ran towards the kitchen, feeling his stomach already grumble from hunger.

Pouring the hot water from the kettle into the cup of ramen, he waited for a while, till the contents in the cup would settle down and be suitable for eating. As he waited, he noticed another sticky note on the fridge this time.

Sooo, I see you've obeyed me for once atleast :)!! After you're done with the ramen, please go and have the pills that are placed in the bedside drawers in my bedroom. To cure your hangover :)

----------Do I even need to mention my name now? :P

Taehyung chuckled at the note and mentally made a note to thank Jungkook for all this. But he knew saying it verbally wouldn't be enough, he had to do something else.

__________________________________

Jungkook groaned at all the files being placed on his desk. Ever since he entered the office, he hadn't breathed properly- courtesy, all the files he hadn't checked. Even though Yoongi had checked and signed most of the files, the confidential ones were to be done only by Jungkook.

He wanted to thank Yoongi but Taehyung's fangirls had a hard time leaving Jungkook alone. Taehyung doesn't show up for ONE fucking day and suddenly Jungkook gets cornered. 

Jungkook grumbled under his breath. Even though, he had made up his mind about quitting, Daehyung's words kept ringing in his mind. Nope, he wasn't doing this to make Taehyung soft or something, it's just that...his heart somewhat ached for the 14-year-old boy who had lost his mother and had to deal with a crappy father. No wonder he had become like what he is today.

No, that's no excuse for being a homophobic asshole but still, Jungkook felt like he finally understood the reason. Even though he didn't hate or hurt his friends who were actually gay, but hurting other people for their sexuality was just as bad.

At that moment, Yoongi softly knocked on the door and came in, breaking Jungkook's thoughts.

Jungkook flinched at the sudden noise but calmed down, seeing Yoongi.