CHAPTER 28

"Hah, loser! Come at me!"

"Very funny, haha I'm laughing so hard!"

"You're just bitter that you lost the 6th game in a row,"

Taehyung huffed and looked away in mock anger, while Jungkook giggled, clutching his stomach.

London was amazing. A cornucopia of wonderful theater, ballet and music concerts. There were interesting old bookstores like Foyles, and dozens of museums, antique shops and restaurants. They visited lithograph shops, and planned on having their Sunday tea at the Savoy after visiting the arcade which they were now at.

And surprisingly, Taehyung lost every single game and kept insisting on playing more since his punctured ego was at stake. Jungkook didn't let go off a single chance to mock him, in good spirits of course.

Taehyung genuinely didn't mind, and was sort of enjoying to be honest.

Watching that wide bunny-toothed smile on Jungkook's face strangely made him feel more content than actually winning the dumb game.

But Taehyung obviously wouldn't admit that. Not to himself or to anyone.

"Jungkook! Wait up, I'm tired," Taehyung spoke, panting.

The younger was about to retort but noticed the visible dark circles under his eyes. It had been a long day, they'd visited theaters, museums and a the London Eye. They decided to call it a day after exploring the arcade and having some hot tea at the Savoy. They still had another day to explore London and weren't in a hurry to see it all in a day.

"Taehyung...when did you finally call it a day last night?"

"What? What's with the random question, Jungkook?"

"You look tired..."

"Nah, this isn't a big deal, I'm fine. Just tired of your enthusiasm," Taehyung teased, his lips twitching slightly.

Jungkook knew he was trying to divert the topic but played along.

"Hmmph! You're so mean!" He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

Taehyung finally smiled, failing to suppress it any longer.

"Are you really 22? Or 2?"

"Are you really 24? Or 4?" Jungkook mocked the latter's tone

"You little-"

And Jungkook ran, with Tarhyung following hot at his heels. No one seemed to take notice of two grown men chasing each other and giggling like teenagers. Even if anyone took notice, they didn't care.

Taehyung's mind wandered off, he couldn't help but suddenly come to the realization of how little his reputation meant to him now...chasing Jungkook happily in an unknown place, far away from the jugdemental eyes of his office workers and father, made him feel at peace. Jungkook made him feel at peace.

He finally caught on to Jungkook and their bodies crashed into each other given the force they were running at.

They were panting hard, and Jungkook held his own waist, trying to catch his breath. When he looked up in the heat of the moment, he saw Taehyung staring at him, with that intense stare which he always received whenever he fucked up.

"Are you mad...?"

Taehyung snapped out of his trance.

"What? No!"

And Jungkook blushed. Literally blushed. If the intense stare hadn't been out of anger...then it had to be...

Jungkook shook his head. It couldn't be anything. Taehyung was straight. Maybe they didn't hate each other anymore, but they also definitely weren't "friends". Jungkook didn't believe in assuming stuff. He'd only see them as friends if Taehyung confirmed it himself.