9

Bree found Clint, Jeff, and the young glader in a small room at the top of the stairs.

It only had a small table, which the boy was laying on, and a cabinet on the wall, probably full of the grief serum and medical supplies.

It was the same table that Blake was tied to when he was first stung.

"There's not much we can do to help him.. Just keep him still till they heal.." Clint was murmuring to Jeff.

Bree knocked lightly on the already open door then stepped inside.

Jeff turned to her. "What took you so long?"

Bree shrugged and stayed quiet.

Clint walked over. "Can you go take care of Blake? He still didn't get his water."

She nodded. "Sure."

Bree walked down the creaky wooden steps and out of the homestead.

Why would you even call a big wooden house a homestead? She had no idea.

Bree walked about the glade in silence.

Most of the gladers had gotten back to work, and she could see some were whispering things to each other, probably about the incident.

She made her way over to the kitchen to get some water.

Frypan was there, as usual.

"Hey Frypan. Can I get some water?" She asked.

Frypan looked up and nodded.

He got a glass out of the cabinet, filled it up with water, and gave it to her.

"Guess you should be a little parched after yelling at Gally's boys like that." Frypan said.

Bree shrugged. "They let a wall fall on a kid, Frypan. A kid. I can't let that go without a punishment."

Frypan nodded, agreeing.

"Anyway," she said. "This isn't for me. Blake never got any."

She walked out of the kitchen and back to the homestead.

She walked up the steps and into Blake's room.

It was still dark and musty and Blake looked even worse.

Apparently tomorrow was supposed to be the last day of the changing. She hoped anyway..

Bree walked over to the teens bed and sat on the edge.

She opened his mouth slightly and let the cool water drip into his mouth.

Bree only let him drink half the glass, then put it on the nightstand by the bed, and walked out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind her.

By now the sun was setting and the runners were getting back. It was dinner time.

Bree got permission from Clint to go eat since he was still taking care of the young glader.

She walked back to the kitchen and got some roast beef and mashed potatoes from Frypan.

She sat at a random picnic table and began eating.

Chuck found her five minutes later and sat next to her, along with Thomas.

"I heard you blew up today." Thomas said.

Chuck laughed. "It was awesome! She told off the builders! About time someone did that!"

Bree shook her head.

"I didn't blow up.. I just.. Yelled at them. They let a wall fall on a kid.. It's horrible." She explained.

"It was still pretty cool."

Bree didn't recognize that voice, and she turned to see a glader, about sixteen or seventeen, with dark brown hair that was kind of fluffy and curled behind his ears.

He sat down across from Bree.

"I'm Graham." He flashed her a nice, genuine smile. He had green eyes.

"Bree." She said.

The glader called Graham nodded. "I know."

Chuck sighed quietly. Apparently Chuck didn't like Graham.

"I thought it was great when you told those shanks off." He said. "Not many people stand up to the builders. Besides Alby and Newt of course."

Bree shrugged. "Like I've said- they let the kid get hurt."

Graham nodded. "So, what are you doing for lunch tomorrow? Besides eating, I mean."

Bree shrugged.

"Maybe we could.. Eat somewhere more.. Private?" Graham asked hopefully.

Was he really trying to hit on her?

They just met!

Chuck choked a little.

"Actually, she's with me tomorrow. We need to go over some more rules." Newt had sat down next to her with his dinner, staring at Graham.

Graham rolled his eyes. "Oh please. She knows most of them by now, Newt. It's fine."

Newt gave him a fake laugh. "She still has a lot to learn, Graham. She doesn't have time for you."

"Um.. Excuse me?" Bree tried to intrude the conversation, after all it was about her.

Newt shushed her and continued calmly arguing with Graham.

She turned to look at Chuck and Thomas who were in their own little conversation about Frypan's food.

Bree sighed and decided to end the small bicker.

"Guys. Calm down, ok? How bout I eat lunch with Graham then dinner with Newt. How bout that?" She finally said.

Graham shrugged. "Good that."

Newt rolled his eyes and muttered, "Slinthead."

__________________________

A/N: Hi guyss! Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I always like to be a chapter ahead and I had to write it🙈

Anywho.. Thanks sooooo much for over 400 reads! It literally made my day so much better! Please comment and vote cause well I like talking to y'all and the votes make me happy(: