27

Bree smiled at him.

It was nice to see his smile again.

It seemed like she missed him so much, but he had been right here the entire time.

"Clint told me you woke up. For real this time, but wouldn't let me visit. Didn't let anyone visit." He said.

Bree didn't really know what to say, so she just said, "I really missed you."

A small smile played on Newt's lips and he squeezed her hand again.

"I really missed you too," he paused, a look of concentration washing over his face.

Bree raised one of her eyebrows.

"...Did you forget my name?" She asked, slightly concerned, yet tried not the laugh.

Newt's attention snapped back to reality and he shook his head laughing quietly.

"No, Bree, I didn't forget your name. I was just.. Nevermind it sounds stupid." He said.

Even in the dark, she could tell he was blushing.

"Tell me! Now that you've started the sentence, I need to know!" She said.

Newt shook his head. "It was a stupid idea."

Bree looked at him seriously.

"Newt, I will make it my life goal to find out what you were going to say, so say it or else you will be forever annoyed with me trying to get it out of you." She said, half joking.

He raised he eyebrows and looked at her, a small smile on his face.

"Please, just tell me." She pleaded.

Newt sighed. "I was just thinking.. I was going to call you greenbean, but that wasn't right."

Was he actually saying he was trying to come up with a nickname for her?

She could feel herself blush.

After a few minutes of them staring at each other, Newt's face brightened.

"Soldier." He said.

"Huh?" She asked.

"You're my little soldier." Newt said again, this time clearer.

"Soldier," she pondered, trying it out, "I like it."

Newt smiled widely.

Ok, maybe Bree didn't like it that much but she wasn't about to tell Newt that.

"See, it totally works. You fight every single day for your life, in the maze, and when you were-" He almost said stabbed but caught himself.

"-hurt." She corrected.

Newt nodded and continued, "You're just as strong as anyone here. So, you're my soldier." He concluded.

"And you're my world." She added.

-

The next few days consisted of actually getting out of bed and walking around, sleeping, and eating soup.

Bree had gotten tired of the same old soup every single day, but it could have been worse.

Newt had been with her through a lot of it.

Minho and and Chuck came occasionally, and she was rarely left alone.

Bree didn't really mind that.

She usually got lonely in the maze.

It was only herself, and her thoughts.

It's a great way to clear your head- if you don't mind the chance of dying.

The door to the room opened and Bree looked up from where she was sitting.

Chuck walked in with Thomas.

"Bree! Guess what!" Chuck said excitedly as he ran over to where she was sitting on the bed.

"What, Chuck?" She asked.

"Clint says you can start working soon!" He said.

"Oh, joy." She said rolling her eyes.

It's not that she didn't want to go back to work, it's just the fact that she would have to get back into shape again.

"It won't be that bad, Bree." Thomas said, rolling his eyes.

"At least you weren't stabbed." She said sarcastically.

"You get more like Minho everyday." Thomas said, a small smile on his face.

"Oh, speaking of Minho, he wanted to talk to you, Thomas." Chuck said, turning to his friend.

"Do you know why?" He asked him.

Chuck shrugged. "Something about the maze."

Thomas walked out without saying another word.

Chuck started giggling.

"Chuck.. What did you do?" She asked, slightly amused and also concerned at what the boy did.

She was used to his pranks, and learned to stay clear of Chuck if he had a little bit more sugar than he needed to.

"I-" Chuck couldn't even finish his sentence, he was laughing so hard.

"What did you do?!" She asked louder.

Chuck kept laughing.

"Chuck! Tell me!" She said, starting to laugh.

Chucks laughing was contagious. Have you even met the boy?

"I told the whole glade that Thomas and Minho were dating, and they believed it!" He said, now laughing uncontrollably.

Bree burst out laughing.

"How stupid can gladers be?" She asked.

"Stupid enough to kiss people like you."

Bree whipped around to look at the door.

Alby was standing in the doorway, arms crossed and a glare set on his face.

__________________________

A/N: Ok hi guys! We're over halfway to 100K reads! Thanks to everyone who's read this(:

I'm going to try something new. Here's my goal; I will update early every week if the new chapter gets 1K reads or over within a week. This means, more chapters sooner! If it doesn't, then I'll update every week like normal.

Also, a lot of y'all have been asking and I update every Tuesday(: