32

(A/N: Guys I'm sooooo sorry for not updating in forever! I had a lot of school work and I failed my math test and so I couldn't write for like a week. I'm back now, and so is Wonderwall!)

Newt

He stood at the box, shocked at what he's just done. Great, his girlfriend was probably going to get killed, and now he's mad at hImself. Not a good combination.

Alby walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. "You did the right thing," he said, "we all knew what would happen if you didn't do it. It was for the good of the group."

Newt didn't answer and Alby walked away.

He didn't really know how long he had been standing there, thinking of her, but when he looked up, most everyone was gone.

Only Minho remained.

"Look, man. I know this is hard for you to understand at a time like this, I miss her too, but, she isn't going to come back inside that box, so please stop looking so sad and lonely and stop standing there. Go get some sleep." Minho said and walked away.

Newt wanted to feel anger for what Minho just said to him, but he was already emotionally and physically drained. He just felt weak and his hands would shake.

He would get Minho back for what he said about Bree, though. But he was right.

Bree would never come back through that box. That was just something he hadn't come to terms with, even if he did just send her down there himself.

Newt finally walked away from the box, and went into the deadheads.

He sat against the wall. He knew she always liked it back here. Even if it was a little creepy.

At that moment, he understood why she liked it back here. It gave him a sense of security. He felt safe.

Newt sighed. She'd probably never feel safe with him again. If they ever saw each other again.

The realness of the situation finally washed over him. He would only be able to see Bree again if they got out. Suddenly, he had a new purpose to get out. Not just to survive, and escape this hell they were living in, but he had to save Bree too.

-

Breakfast the next morning wasn't that fun.

He ate quietly, along with everyone else. He knew they all missed her. Bree was everyone's friend.

The atmosphere seemed so different, it seemed so lonely, so empty. It just didn't feel right.

Minho sat down with an older glader named Jonah. Newt looked from Minho to Jonah, then back to Minho questionably, as did everyone else. Why was he sitting here? No one was friends with Jonah. No one really liked him.

"Jonah here, is our new runner." Minho said.

Newt looked at his friend, unable to read his expression. He knew Minho was sad about Bree, everyone was- but he couldn't figure out how he felt about recruiting a slicer to do Bree's work.

Minho looked at Newt and shrugged. "We have to keep things going. You, of all people should know that." Minho told him.

Newt rolled his eyes. Of course he knew things had to go on, but couldn't he sulk for a little while?

Just then, the sirens started going off, signaling the box was coming. The box.

It wasn't time for a new greenie to come yet, or supplies, so what was the box doing, sending someone up here?