33

(A/N: Please listen to "We Never Change" by Coldplay on repeat while reading.)

"Where is she?" Newt asked.

"With the creators. Wicked." Teresa replied.

"Wicked?" Alby asked.

Teresa nodded. "It's what they call themselves. You know, World in Catastrophe, Killzone Experiment Department. Wicked."

"So that's what that sign meant." Thomas said.

"What sign?" Alby asked.

"In the maze. It's in every section." Newt replied.

"Is anyone going to ask why the sky is grey?" Minho asked.

No one noticed he had walked over.

"I triggered it. The ending." Teresa said.

"This is your fault?" Minho glared at her.

Teresa shook her head. "I have no idea what it is, or how I did it, I just know we need to get out soon."

"Thanks for the news flash, shuck face." Minho said, rolling his eyes, "Of course we need to get out."

Teresa shook her head again. "I mean soon."

"How soon?" Thomas asked.

"All I know is that we need to find a way out. Less than a week." She said.

"And if it takes longer?" Newt asked.

Teresa shrugged and gave him a look, as if saying 'You know what will happen.'

And he did. They would most likely all die. He didn't want that to happen.

"What should we do now?" Thomas asked.

"Make a plan." Alby replied.

"We need to get Bree back." Newt said.

Minho nodded. "We will, buddy. We will."

Bree

Blake, the young runner who was stung, walked toward her. She couldn't believe her eyes.

"Blake?" She asked.

The boy nodded.

"I'm sorry we had to meet like this." He said.

"They told me you died." She said, "How can this be possible?" And it was true. She had heard that the boy had passed away. That he couldn't handle the changing.

Blake shook his head, laughing, which made her cringe. "Of course I survived! I just had a little bit of help getting out. From Wicked."

Bree shook her head, confused. "Wicked?" She asked. Everything was so confusing. "Where are we?"

"Wicked is the organization. That is where you are. Wicked headquarters. They conducted the maze trials, that you were apart of, until we took you out." He explained.

Wait, he said we.

"You're a part of this?" She asked, dumbfounded. "Why did you take me?"

Blake smiled, which creeped her out even more.

"You weren't even supposed to be here. You weren't supposed to be with them. You were supposed to be with Group B."

"Group B?" She asked, now even more confused.

"Group A and Group B. Group A is, well us. All of the gladers. Our maze. The glade. Everything. Group B, is exactly like us, except it's all girls." Blake explained.