25

But Bree wasn't dead. She knew she wasn't.

She was just- well, there.

Everything around her was black, and she couldn't see or hear anything.

Then came a voice. She recognized it immediately.

"I don't know if you can hear me or not.. I hope you can."

It was Newt.

His voice seemed to come from everywhere at once, yet nowhere at all.

"Graham got banished today. You should've seen him. He was crying like a baby. He was trying to apologize. It was kind of amusing. Well, maybe not for you.. Or the others.. But, just seeing him get banished was just kind of relieving, you know?"

Bree looked around frantically.

She tried to call out, to say something, but no words came. She wasn't even sure if her mouth was moving.

"I hope you wake up soon.. Everyone does. Thomas is getting better. He's working with the med-jacks for awhile until he's fully healthy again."

Bree tried to move, do something, but nothing happened.

"I'll be back soon.." She heard him say.

There was a rustling sound, then the sound of Newt's uneasy footsteps on the floor, a door opening and closing, then silence.

Bree had no idea what had happened.

She knew she was stuck like this. But she didn't know how to get out of it.

She needed to wake up.

-

Bree couldn't tell how much time had passed.

It seemed as if it had been days, yet it only could've been five minutes.

She had lost control of when she could actually hear the outside world or not.

Most of the time, she would just dream of peaceful things.

Watching the stars.. sitting in the middle of a random meadow she was sure she'd never been to before.. Or listening to the birds.

In every single dream she had, Newt was there.

Bree could tell- she felt herself falling for him.

Sometimes she would wake up from a dream, but it was the most frustrating thing ever, because she didn't actually wake up.

She didn't open her eyes, and sit up, and see the world again.

The scenes would just fade away and all she would see was darkness. Yet, somehow she knew she could wake up. She wanted to, but she couldn't.

She would occasionally hear people talking, but not that much.

One day, or whatever time it was, her dream of sitting on a dock at sunset with Newt had faded, and she could hear someone talking.

He was talking to her, she knew that.

"You're such a klunk head." The voice said.

Minho.

How she missed his voice. She missed everybody. She just wanted to wake up. Be more awake than she ready was.

"You need to wake up already. People are starting to wonder if you ever will. Even Gally asked about you the other day." He said.

She must've been out for a long time for someone like Gally to ask about her.

"I'm sorry for being a slinthead to you. I was just worried about Thomas, and now, since he's getting better, we're all worried about you." She heard him say.

Bree wished she could wake up. She wanted to so badly, but she couldn't.

"Just.. Wake up soon, shank. We need you back."

That's all she heard from Minho.

-

Bree had been there for so long, it was unbearable.

Other people had visited, including Chuck.

"I like to think of this as a fairy tale," he had said to her. "like Sleeping Beauty. I don't even know how I remember it, but I do. You just need your Prince Charming to wake you up."

Bree knew who he was talking about.

She thought everyone did.

It wasn't much of a secret about her and Newt anymore.

"Newt's been busy. I guess he's just trying to keep his mind of you, get some work done. I dunno if it's working." Chuck said.

It was true, Bree hadn't heard from Newt in awhile.

Then one day, she heard him again.

"Hey, Bree.." He said.

She heard him sit in a chair next to the bed.

"I miss you.. We all do." He said to her.

Bree tried to move, but like all the other times, she failed.

"You've been in and out for about two weeks. Med-jacks say you should fully wake up soon, I hope that's true." He said.

Bree hoped so too.

Newt had started to say something else, but his voice was fading.

Bree tried desperately to hear him, but nothing worked.

Soon, she could hear a thing, and she fell into a not-so-peaceful dream.

__________________________

A/N: hi! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile I was busy, sorry it's short oops.

Just to clarify- I know this is like If I stay, but I have had this idea before the trailer even came on tv, soo yeah..

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 40K WE'RE ALMOST HALFWAY TO 100K I CANT BELIEVE IT

It's my birthday today and my mom got tickets to see The Maze Runner tonight((:

IM SO EXCITED.