Nightmares Sam x reader

Nighmares

Warning: Character death

You ran as fast as you could. It was after you. The last vampire you and the boys had been hunting got away, and tracked you down while you had been trying to find the boys. You had dropped your knife a while back and you were defenseless. Your best shot was to try to find the boys and have them finish the job.

You dodged in and out of the trees, barely missing a couple because the moon was hidden by the thick layer of leaves, leaving it almost pitch black. You were breathless, but you knew you were as good as dead if you didn't find the boys. You risked a glance behind you, which was not a very good idea. You tripped over a root, and fell to the ground.

The vampire came up to you, slow clapping. "Very amusing. Put up a pretty good fight, only to be taken down by a root. Let me tell you, that's sad." He says. You try to scoot away, but he's on top of you before you can get up. He digs his teeth into your neck and you scream in pain.

You shoot up in bed, breathing heavily with beads of sweat forming on your forehead. Sam came rushing in with a shot gun, followed shortly by Dean. "What's wrong." Dean yelled, sweeping his gun over the room before looking at you. He noticed your chest rising and falling quickly and lowered his gun.

Sam looked you in the eyes, his brown ones making your heart melt. "Sorry." You breathe. They both put down their guns and walk to your bedside.

"Don't be sorry. Was it another nightmare?" Sam asked, sitting down next to you. You nod and put your head in your hands. "I don't know what to do. I can't stop them." You say, about to break down.

"Hey, hey. Shh, it's ok (Y/N)." Sam said, wrapping his arms around you.

"I'll go make you some hot chocolate." Dean said, walking out of the room.

"I don't know what to do, I can't take it!" You said and looked up at Sam.

"Its ok (Y/N), I'm here." He says and kisses your head. You  dismiss it as nothing because he always does it when your upset, even when it makes your stomach do a flip. You had a major crush on Sam, but you never made it public, in fear he would turn you down.

You also knew that there was no room for love in the hunters life. And, even though it broke your heart, you accepted that and never told him.

Dean came in and handed you the mug of hot chocolate. You smiled at him and took a sip. "Dean, you can go back to bed, I'll make sure (Y/N)'s ok." Sam said. Dean nodded and winked at you.

Dean knew about your crush after he caught you staring at Sam and you reluctantly told him. You watch as Dean strides out of the room, closing the door behind him. You look back at Sam, who was looking at you, his eyes full of worry.

"Was it the same one as usual?" He asks. You nod and rest your head on his shoulder.

"Sam?" You ask.

"Yea?"

"Will you stay with me tonight? I don't want to be alone." Even though you had a crush on him, this wasn't about that at all. You would've asked Dean to stay if he was here. You really just wanted someone to be with you.

"Of course." He says. He gets up to move over the the chair, but you grab him hand. He turns back to you as you drop his hand, scooting over and patting the bed next to you.

He gets in and you snuggle up to his chest. He carefully places his hand on your waist, as if your highly fragile. You fall asleep listening to Sam's heart beat.

***************************

You had woken up and found Sam still in your bed. Not wanting to wake him, you got out slowly and walked downstairs, still in your pajama's.

"Hey. So, how was last night?" Dean asked, giving you a mischievous grin.

"What are you talking about? Sam just stayed with me so I didn't get another nightmare." You say, grabbing a bowl from the cabinet.

"Did you at least tell him?"

"Dean, there isn't any room in this business to take our friendship to the next level, and I doubt he likes me anyways." You say as you pour milk and cereal into the bowl. You grab a spoon and sit down across from Dean.

"He likes you, I see the way he looks at you. You both have the same twinkle in your eyes." He says. You shrug, not making eye contact as you move the spoon around the bowl before taking a bite.

"Seriously (Y/N), you need to tell him before something happens."

"That's exactly why I don't wanna tell him." You say, waving you spoon in his face. "Something could happen any minute. One of us could die. If one of us gets hurt the other one feels like it their fault. What if one of us gets taken over by a demon. He has a tattoo,but I don't." You keep pointing out everything that could happen.

You're cut short when Sam comes into the room, rubbing his eyes. "Hey guys, what's going on." He asks, making his own bowl of cereal.

You shrug. "Not much." You look back down at your cereal, which had long since become water-logged. You sighed and pushed the bowl away from you. Dean got up, pouring his extra milk down the drain.

"(Y/N) likes you Sammy." He threw over his shoulder as he leaves the room, probably with a smirk on his face. Sam looks at the door where his brother had been then turns to you with a questioning look on his face.

"(Y/N)?" He asks, pretty much asking for your input.

You sigh and get up, draining your own bowl.

"He told the truth. I just didn't want to tell you because, well, everything that's happened to your past girlfriends. Not that I'm worried about myself, I'm just worried about you feeling guilty if something were to happen to me. And, I mean, I just didn't think you liked me and when your hunting its really hard to hold a relationship. And I just...I was scared." You say quickly, leaning against the counter.

Sam looks at you, dumbfounded. He didn't say a word, just sat there, motionless, his spoon halfway in the milk and cereal. "I'm sorry, I didn't want you to find out. Dean told me you liked me and I guess he thought he was helping me but-" You look at Sam, who was still in the same position.

You sigh and leave to room, only to hear loud footsteps following you. Sam grabs your shoulder, turning you around, doing the last thing you expected. He kissed you. At first you were surprised and didn't respond, but after a second you melted into his touch, wrapping your arms around his neck.

He pulls away and looks down at you. "(Y/N), I didn't want to tell you I liked you because I was afraid of the same exact things. I heard your whole conversation with Dean." He says. You blush and look down.

"(Y/N), will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. You looked back up at him and smiled. "Of course." You say. Sam pulls in you for another kiss as you hear Dean yell "FINALLY!" from the other room. You both pull away and chuckle at Dean.

Maybe this would work out after all.

I'm just going to drop this fluff here...*Walks backwards into the shadows slowly*