Nightlight Kevin x reader

You had always been afraid of the dark. At first it was just your ten year old mind conceiving things differently than in the light. But when your house was broken into when you were twelve, it led to you being scared of the dark for a different reason.

From that night on you wouldn't sleep without a nightlight. When you moved into the bunker you didn't tell the boys, you didn't want them laughing at you. The boys had always noticed the faint beam of light coming from under your door, but they dismissed it as nothing.

They always thought you were awake and doing something. One night Kevin thought that he would come in and check on you, thinking you were up at 3:00 in the morning.

"(Y/N), you should really get-" Kevin stopped himself when he saw you sleeping. A look of confusion showed on his face as he noticed your lamp wasn't the thing producing the light. He scanned the room, looking for the light source. when his eyes landed on the nightlight he sighed and walked over and unplugged it.

You woke up and noticed there was no light. You quickly looked around the room and noticed Kevin's silhouette, although you didn't know it was Kevin. You quickly sat up and pushed yourself against the head board, putting your legs to your chest. "My money's in the dresser, please don't hurt me." You said shakily.

"(Y/N), It's me, Kevin." He said. Your look changed as you noticed that he had the nightlight in his hand. You got up quickly, snatching it out of his hand and plugging it back in, making the dim light come back. You turned and glared at him. "What were you doing in my room Kevin." You say.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were awake. I was going to tell you to go to sleep." You sighed and crawled back into the bed, although Kevin made no attempt to move.

"(Y/N), why did you tell me where your money was?" He asked. You looked up at him through your lashes and you watched as his expression softened.

"I thought you were a burglar." You whisper.

"Why not a monster?" He asked. You sat up again and looked him in the eye. 

"You have to promise to tell no one of this." You say. Kevin sits beside you on the bed and nods, signaling you can trust him.

"When I was twelve my house was broken into. I've been afraid of the dark ever since, so I have a nightlight. I was afraid you guys would make fun of me because I fight monster's for a living, I shouldn't be afraid of the dark. I-I just can't handle being a little scared because he was a human being, not a monster and I wouldn't even think of hurting someone, much less killing him. So I guess it just stuck through everything else that's gone on." You say, looking down at your hands the whole time.

(Y/N), it's ok to be scared of something. Sam's scared of clowns, I'm scared of drowning."

"What about Dean?"

"Have you ever seen him on a plane, he's like a paranoid teenage girl who thinks her boyfriend is cheating on her every time she sees him with another girl. But don't ask him about it because he will deny everything, throw me in a lake and send a clown after Sam." Kevin says.

"Why would he send a clown after Sam, Sam didn't do anything." You say.

"He just be that mad." Kevin says with a chuckle. You smile a little and it becomes silent. After a few seconds of awkward silence, Kevin breaks it by saying "Well, you better get to sleep." Kevin get's up to walk out the door but you grab his arm. He turns around to look at you and you give him pleading eyes. "Stay with me?" You plead. 

Kevin's features soften and he nods once. Before he gets in you stop him. "Turn off the nightlight?" You ask. Kevin smiles a little and walks over and pulls the night light out, putting it on your bedside table. He gets in the bed next to you and you snuggle up to him, resting your head in him chest, listening to his steady heartbeat as you fall asleep.

UNEDITED!!! Ok, that sucked but it's almost 9:00 and I got up at 5:30 this morning for middle school. I just started middle school so I'm still getting used to everything, so I'm sorry if I don't update a lot for a while. Please sned me requests, I need ideas!!!!!!!! Anyways, Vote, Comment and Follow! Until next time! BYEEEEEEEE!