Chapter1: Discovery

Lily and James Potter were the parents of two little boys, twins. The first, named Henry, was a turbulent little wizard, full of life, offering his smile to the whole world. The second, Harry, was his exact opposite. When his brother ran through Godric's Hollow's house, he sat quietly, watching him, a mocking look on his face.

From the cradle, the parents had noticed their difference and if they liked to see the child full of life that became Henry, who was not unlike James younger, the attitude of his brother worried them and ends up disturbing them .

Henry was drawing attention, Harry was running away. Everything could have stopped there, if the instinctive magic of the children had not decided to interfere.

Henry was the first to show signs, as often. One day, he stole a confiscated toy through the house. His parents, proud of his power, returned it to him.

Harry's instinctive magic was not so peaceful.

He often quarreled with his brother, since their opposite characters were not meant to be heard when one day ...

It was a November morning. The children had celebrated their birthday the previous summer. They were three and a half years old and Henry used his magic regularly, although he does not control it yet.

The children on the floor were playing while their parents were preparing lunch: Sirius Black and Remus Lupine were to come at noon.

Harry was sitting on his child's chair and watching Henry make immense efforts to call a toy of his own. As if he could not get up, just stupidly. His gaze ends up exasperating his brother.

- Harry, stop looking!

The child did not answer.

- I'll tell mom!

A small smile appeared on his face, usually so inexpressive.

- You are getting on my nerves ! You're just jealous because you're not coming!

The smile widens.

- We say, "You're just jealous of not getting there." You should try to stop talking like a baby Henry, it's not difficult.

The child became angry then. Harry spoke perfectly, like a teenager, when he spoke like a child of his age. He had no right to beat him. Henry was the best in everything and would remain so. Unlike the usual twins, the boys did not get along. Henry took pleasure in getting ahead of Harry everywhere when he was just ridiculing him. In anger, he could call his magic and hurled it with all his strength against that very different brother who exasperated him.

Harry was hit hard: he did not expect it. But he did not move. On the contrary, power filled his veins and without knowing how, he sent this wave back to Henry. The latter flew across the room in shock and his head hit a wall with a thud. The blood ran. Harry sat down calmly and resumed his contemplation of his twin as the door of the game room opened abruptly.

"You see, I too can do magic," he contented himself with saying at the entrance of his parents who gave him a horrified look.

This event sealed the status quo that governed the family until then. Lily and James previously tried not to show their preference for Henry, but after this incident everything changed. Harry spent most of his time alone in his room, he was not allowed to leave under pain of punishment and especially should never approach his brother.

The atmosphere gradually deteriorated. James, Lily and Henry lived as a good little family of witches, they quickly exclude their other son from everyday life. He took his meals alone, after them, no longer took to the outings and lived only between the four walls of his room.