Chapter12: The art of getting noticed at the beginning of the school year

The children were sitting at the library, having collected all the books that seemed likely to talk about catalysts, they read greedily seeking any information. Hermione was immersed in a book of witch legal code, she was looking seriously at the various articles, seeking the slightest mention of punishment for children placing themselves between the bridlers of magic, she tried to unravel legal gibberish, but met all of even some difficulties.

Theo, who had given them permission to name him that way in the afternoon, read a description of the spells to be applied to normal objects in order to create a catalyst. It seemed to him very complex, but strangely, not out of reach. He was certain that with a little training, they would get there. The book he devoured was paradoxically a defense against the forces of evil that listed the various ways of neutralizing a dark wizard. Blaise was looking for examples of good catalyst objects. Of course, no book spoke directly, but it was enough to look for those good for amulets, according to Alexander. The latter was looking, for the moment without success, a book explaining the steps to follow to relax the magic at a good pace. At worst he could always ask his parents ...

Draco held an old grimoire and did not share any of his research.

After a good hour, Alexander ended up being tired by this nonsharing and leaned down to read over his shoulder, which the Malfoy son did not notice.

A slap that he received behind his head broke the studious silence of the library still empty at the beginning of the year.

- Draco. This is not the subject for now. You could help us!

The boy looked sulky.

- But Alexander! Read it ! There is almost everything!

The latter looked at him with a gentle look.

- I know, but we all seek the same thing, help us and we will finish faster. You will be free to read what you want.

The other three watched with curiosity. Draco sighed but ended up resting his grimoire leaving a mark to find his page, an article named The eyes of basil where to neutralize the gaze of Medusa.

Distracted from her reading, Hermione then quickly looked at the time displayed by a majestic clock enthroned in the study room. She was surprised to see that it was already so late.

- The boys. We must go eat, we are late.

A few minutes later, they entered a big crowded room and the silence came. Everyone seemed to know what had happened in the early afternoon. At once, Draco and Alexander straightened, obeying their noble education. Blaise and Theodore pretended to make fun of all these looks, and proceeded with a conquering step towards their place, at the very end of the Slytherin table. There were now several empty places between them and the other pupils. Hermione when she blushed at once. She did not know what to do, not enjoying at all the looks directed at her. She would have liked to disappear, to be forgotten. She was going to the griffondor table, knowing that the reception might be icy but a strong white hand grabbed his arm.

- How about dining with us Miss Granger? Alexander asked softly and gallantly.

This behavior astonished all spectators. Black's son treated her with the respect due to people of high birth or power, political or magical, certain. She hesitated a few moments, she also surprised this behavior before responding.

- With pleasure.

It was thus that she joined, for this dinner, at least, she thought, the Slytherin table. She sat to Alexander's left as Draco moved to the right, Theo and Blaise faced each other. During seven years of study, this placement remained more or less the same, welcoming from a certain time a young Sophia Black and another girl in addition or being turned upside down during the ceremonies where each pupil had to stay with his home.