Chapter15: Curse and Third Eye

Sirius Black sat next to his son, after steadfastly refusing to wake him up. He was still sleeping, his magic needed time and a lot of energy to regenerate and it was out of the question to make this phenomenon last a little longer by waking him up. Little by little the infirmary had emptied: the children were in the Great Hall and were having their meals, the teachers had followed them and there remained only the parents of the cursed scribblers, the nurse and himself. He watched over his son, as any other parent would have done, and taking advantage of the calm found in the room, he was thinking about the consequences of his discovery.

The curse was one of the ancient and primordial arts of wizards. It was said that the first owners of magic used this form of spells, very different and much darker than the spells used now. This art of the curse was gradually lost because much more demanding in terms of energy and above all far too dangerous. In addition, it was said that a curse thrower must have contact with the old religion, with the darkness and its representatives. This made launchers unpopular and far too fearful. Often, their physique bore the marks of their art, white skin, raven hair, black eyes and marks on the skin. This led muggles to look for the witches' mark at all costs during their hunts in the Middle Ages. Most wizards thought this lost and extinguished art but it was not, and you could count on the fingers of both hands wizards able to curse. Now Sirius knew two: Katrina and Alexander. Once again, his son stood out and stood out. He did not appreciate this gift, however. The curse thrower was gradually sinking into darkness, deeper with each use of this kind of magic, and Alexander was now wearing his first curse mark: a black arabesque as tattooed on his back, at the level of the heart. Gradually, the latter would grow up, to completely invade the skin of his son and absorb it, making it disappear. No one knew where the wizards were going, what happened to them when their bodies were covered with these forms, but the worst was that they were not afraid that day, seeing it come closer and not diminishing their use. of this magic.

Katrina now had her back completely covered with these arabesques, even though the great fight of her life had not yet started and he knew that someday she would be engulfed in the shadows. He would have preferred not to have to fear the same for his son.

He sighed. Being a father was decidedly exhausting. Between Alexander who was using one of the three primordial magics in the middle of Hogwarts and Sophia who had all the signs of another, he was not ready to sleep. Indeed, Katrina and he ended up wondering about dreams and sometimes very destabilizing knowledge of their daughter when she had screamed in bed, in the middle of a nightmare. She had seen the death of her mother and nothing could reassure her. She seemed convinced that this loss would be imposed on her and, in the face of the assured air of their daughter, they had finally listened.

She had seen herself older, in what appeared to be the Great Hall of Hogwarts, sitting next to Draco and Alexander. A girl with tousled hair and a red and gold tie had broken the calm of a breakfast, letting out an exclamation of painful surprise at the reading of a newspaper. Draco had seized the latter and Sophia had read the headline: One Romanov less! Empress Katrina of Russia is dead.

It was on this discovery that she woke up, when she recognized the portrait of her mother next to this winning title.

This dream had changed everything: too many details, too many things that she could not know or know but yet true. Katrina had sighed. Confronting the idea of ??his impending death is not something that human beings like to do, wizard or not. She hated the idea of ??giving up her children and her husband. If she believed the few clues she received, she had only a few years to live. But she knew Sirius would not give up. Now that they had this information, they could prevent that future from coming true. Sophia, thanks to her third eye, may have saved her life.