Chapter3: An eventful day

Katrina and Sirius were sitting face to face in the parlor. They had come down a few moments earlier and were thinking each other on their own. The calm of the palace and the silence around them soothed them. This day was rich in emotion. They began to think about the attitude to adopt, with respect to the wizarding world, the English ministry, supporters of Katrina and especially one towards the other. These four years of near-separation floated between them. The presence of Alexander had made them disappear momentarily, but now their existence struck them. It was Katrina who had fled. She could not bear to stay with the man she loved. When she told him of his decision, he did not say anything, accepting it. She had to heal the gaping wound left by Alexander's disappearance, he understood. Four years later, she could not have faced him if the child had not reappeared.

During the day, she was able to leave bitterness and sadness aside, but they came back even stronger when the night came and she tried to fall asleep. She had taken refuge in her quest. She had gathered many more supporters than her father, Alexei, had ever had. She was close to succeeding. There was no doubt that in a few months or weeks if she wanted to, she could win back the throne of her ancestors, but that did not cure her bruised mother's heart, that organ that was now regaining all its power.

Phineas, who had been hooked in this parlor, curious, it was one of his strongest traits, spoke up.

- What are you going to do now?

Sirius sighed. His ancestor was much more talkative than in his memories. They had to act. The ministry and Dumbledore's camp were going to be fast, we should not be left behind. He was sure of one thing, he had to gather the Black clan, but he still hesitated on the way.

- The ministry will announce tomorrow that you have kidnapped Harry Potter. You must act, Phineas was alarmed at the silence of the two wizards.

It was a detail after all. Nobody could pick them up here in St. Petersburg. Faced with the impatience of the portrait, Katrina decided however that it was time to establish a plan.

- We should announce the real identity of Alexander, finally, say that he is your son. Better to keep quiet than I am his mother, that could only attract complications.

- Yes, but I do not want to hurry. As long as they have no news, they will be in doubt, will not know whether or not I have discovered that he is my son. Sirius declared. We could wait a little, time to see their attack strategy. The wizard's gazette will allow it. By cons, I think meet Black: Narcissa, Bellatrix, Regulus and mother. I have to tell them the truth. They have interesting contacts that could help us.

Katrina nodded. She knew that Sirius had been suffering from the removal of his family, that their secret marriage had triggered.

- You should teach them before they know about the press.

- Yes. I owe them that. Sirius answered, melancholy in his eyes.

- It's not going to be a pleasure party. She added with a smile.

- Indeed.

Now that the first decisions had been made, it remained to decide on a timetable. Katrina liked to plan, everything had to be organized. She suspected that without her, her husband would have been able to reunite the Black clan at once. Better, however, take a longer time.

- Alexander needs business. We should take care of it as soon as possible, before his face and especially mine make the front page of the English press, I do not want to risk being recognized. Sirius said.

- You should go tomorrow afternoon. People will not have had time to connect with the kidnapping yet. Katrina suggested.

And they continued like this. After an hour, their action plan was finalized. The next day they would start Alexander's lessons and buy what he needed in the afternoon. They would then let the weekend arrive. Sirius would then contact his family and bring them together right here. They decided to be honest and tell them everything, while submitting them to a fidelitas. Then Sunday they would contact the wizard's gazette and Sirius would tell his story. The first page of Monday should be assured, whatever the power of the ministry on the newspaper, the latter would refuse to lose such a scoop.