Chapter18: The Malfoy Heir and the Black Heir Invite You...

Clinging to Lucius's arm, Alexander soon opened his eyes in one of the lounges of Malfoy Manor. It was only the second time he had been there, and during his previous visit, he had been much too preoccupied with his future visit to Diagon Alley to appreciate it and watch it closely, but he barely had time to breathe before a brown tornado leapt up his neck. As if by reflex, he pressed her against him. He could not deny that he was happy to be able to find her in more peaceful circumstances than last time, they could enjoy the holidays together and enjoy the presence of the other, despite the absence of their parents. She had missed him terribly.

He stroked the brown hair, trying at the same time to calm his younger sister who was clinging to him as if his life depended on it.

- Hello Sophia, he said in a soft voice that he used only on very rare occasions.

The six-year-old girl did not answer, just snuggling closer to him. Both children were severely affected by the separation that the older Hogwarts entry had brought. Those who never left each other when Alexander was still at Black Palace had a hard time getting used to this new situation. Sophia waited impatiently for their evening discussions and the Christmas holidays, she felt the need to be at the side of her brother but also of his cousin. The Black Palace was empty without them and Pythonisse, her kitten, was not enough to fill the boredom that she suffered despite all the efforts of the adults.

- That's why I did not want Sophia to accompany us, Narcissa. I knew very well that once she saw her brother, she would be unable to stand. It would only have attracted more attention and I think our son and our nephew take care of themselves enough, explained Lucius wearily.

The latter, however, smiled at the picture that formed the two children. When he saw them so close and so close, he was eager to see how his son would react within a few months. He had indeed great news to announce to him, but he would wait for the end of the evening that they had organized the same evening to put it in the news.

"We have only greeted the parents of a friend," replied his son sulkily, knowing very well what his father had against them.

He was waiting and actually fearing a little reproach since they had left the platform for the Apparition Zone, but could not regret his attitude, especially when he thought back to the moved look of their friend. Of course, he had only followed Alexander, but seeing him open the way made things easier. He knew that only the three Slytherins would not have gone to greet Hermione, they would have stayed with their parents, respecting propriety, but the Black son having shown the example, it had been easier to repeat his action. Alexander had this power, people followed him without thinking, took him as an example and freed themselves from the rigid frameworks of the witch society thanks to him.

- We'll talk about all this later, take the time to cool off before dinner. I think it might seem like a long night, Narcissa explained before leaving the hall towards the living room.

Alexander was still holding his sister in his arms. He straightened his head, however, to offer an ironic smile to his aunt. He was not going to apologize for his attitude, he did not do anything wrong after all. He had been polite and well educated, he did not care if the fact that the girl's parents were muggles did not please the rest of her family.

"I want to see you three in the dining room at nineteen," said Lucius, who followed his wife, fearing not to keep the secret any longer.

Moments later, they found themselves alone in the hallway. Sophia finally left her brother's arms and came to kiss the cheek of a blushing Draco Malfoy. Fortunately, Alexander did not notice his discomfort as he was watching the portraits of the Malfoy ancestors in the hall. He did not understand why, but the little games of the girl to destabilize him were more and more effective.