Chapter14: The Trap

Gemma had to go out with them from her dorm at the same time, her dress corroborating this hypothesis. The brunette girl, her hair all over the place, was wearing her pajamas and seemed really surprised to find them there.

- Can I know what you're doing?

Alexander bit his lip. What bad luck ! All this time lost, maybe for nothing ... But the prefect seemed not to follow the orders of Higgs, maybe they could convince her to close her eyes. He was going to argue but she stopped him.

- Higgs has been very clear, anyone who lets you leave the Slytherin house will suffer its wrath and I do not take it. Return to your rooms.

If these orders had already been around the house, they were not going to be quiet. Especially if even the most independent, like her, put them into practice. It was absolutely necessary to convince her, to find a way, an argument that she could not reject.

- We just want to make sure Draco is fine. Please let us go. Blaise asked, his dark eyes betraying fatigue.

Supplier would certainly not be effective, if even Blaise could not make her falter. The girl rolled her eyes. What did he believe? That she was going to risk her peace for them? She did not already occupy the most comfortable place, disobeying would be far too dangerous.

- Out of the question. You will not be walking alone in the corridors.

Her tone was now authoritarian and dry, like the first night when she guided them through the corridors of Hogwarts. This time, it was not Alexander who found the arguments to sell the girl, but a Hermione armed with logic. The little girl stepped forward, lifted her chin and in a pedagogical tone that should have upset a fifth year since it came from a little one-forty-foot gryffindor, she explained:

"Listen, we all know that as soon as you have your back turned, we will try to get out. We will eventually succeed and when Higgs looks, he will see that you were the last to see us and it will fall on you. So you have two solutions: be firm and blind to any form of logic by asking us to go back to sleep or behave like a Slytherin and decide to accompany us to ensure that nothing happens.

The prefect stared for a moment at the griffondor, surprised and almost shocked by her argument, noting the girl's firm gaze, she knew she had no other solutions.

- By Salazar! What are you doing at Gryffindor? Ravenclaw or Slytherin would certainly have welcomed you with joy ... Very well, I accompany you and at the least problem we all enter. Wait a few minutes, I'll get my cape.

When she disappeared in the direction of the girls' dormitories, Alexander did not hesitate to congratulate his friend by nodding, Blaise gave him a big happy smile and Theo just shook his head in front of the attitude of his two comrades.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the stairs. The presence of Gemma, however, bothered the four children, who were careful not to leave the map of the marauder. She remained a prefect ... They watched with concern the corridors for the moment empty, jumped at the slightest sound, afraid of being caught. They rushed down the stairs hoping that for once, they would not do that to their heads. Indeed, since they lived in the castle, the first years had many times been lost by these bewitched stairs that seemed to take a malicious pleasure to tease the youngest. They calmed over time, the other students did not meet this problem after a few months. It was in a way a sign of welcome that the school sent them and which they would have done well.

If most of the first years were happy to see that the phenomenon had calmed down, it was not the feeling of Alexander. He could never be quiet, he always had to anticipate a good fifteen minutes in advance, knowing that he would certainly be transported across the floors, as if Hogwarts wanted to show him every nook and cranny.