Chapter4: The Black Family

The rest of the week went by more calmly. Alexander spent part of the morning with his mother, he then played for an hour, his main occupation was to run the house elves mad. After the meal, he took a nap, strangely Sirius always insisted strongly, even when he did not feel tired. He then learned the rules of etiquette with his father and then read calmly. Sirius had found another copy of the magic book to help with reading, and Alexander had dipped in, wanting to quickly master this skill in order to read his book on snakes and more.

Katrina had been delighted with her ability to talk to snakes. She had congratulated him, a gleam of pride in his eyes. The Potters were never proud of him, Sirius and Katrina were always showing him that emotion. This was manifested in various ways: a compliment when he pronounced a word in Russian, a kiss on his forehead when he read aloud or a caress on his back, a shoulder tightly squeezed. Alexander was happy as ever.

The seamstress had come as promised, she was more than happy to know that she was serving the Blacks, despite recent rumors surrounding the kidnapping of Harry Potter. The child had to undergo a few long minutes of fitting and measuring, but he had been more docile than the day before. Now his two cabinets were full.

Pensive, he watched his parents who acted strangely between them. He had discovered that they were not sleeping in the same room. Dismissed, he asked them why they were not in love the next day. To his astonishment, they had both contradicted him and since then he had caught strange glances between them.

Today, Alexander was excited. He was going to meet his whole family for sixteen hours. Of course, the nervousness appeared little by little, but curiosity still dominated.

Dressed in one of his favorite dresses, he wisely waited on a private lounge chair that his father calls him. He remembered all the rules of etiquette that his father had taught him and was thus patient. He wanted, he had to make a good impression.

At exactly six o'clock exactly four people showed up at the entrance to Black Palace. Greeted by Dongy, they headed for the living room.

Moments later, Sirius turned his door.

He first saw Bellatrix, her cousin, who had not bothered to sit down, she certainly wanted to show that it was out of the question to discuss and that she was present only by obligation . Narcissa and Lucius, more aristocratic manners, had settled on the couch, the haughty expression of their faces was content to show the repugnance that their presence here created in them. Walburga Black, his mother whom he had not seen for nearly seven years, stood upright and stiff in an armchair. He knew that he had made the right decision by suggesting that Regulus come later, confronting them would only increase the tension.

- Do you want a refresh? He asked politely.

- No, cousin we do not want refreshment, hurry to tell us that you kidnapped Harry Potter and free us. Answered Bellatrix full of venom.

The young woman was shaking with anger. Bellatrix was beautiful, her long raven and curly hair, her pale skin, her dark eyes could have cracked more than one, but above all she knew how to be frightening.

Sirius suspected that they must be aware of this fact. Slightly annoyed by his cousin's attitude, he decided to simmer it like a good potion longer.

- I called you to introduce you to my heir.

What? He was not lying. Well, maybe he should have explained who Harry Potter was, but he had the right to have some fun, no? He amused himself with the expression of pure horror that was born on the faces of his family members. That they were predictable!

- You did not do that? Transform a half-breed into heir Black, while Draco might have been able to receive this title! Exclaimed his mother.

Again these stories of blood, it tired him in the long run. He understood their fear. A head of a family without an heir could legally use a powerful adoption spell that linked a child to his family and designated him as his legitimate son. Except that the child did not change his appearance or blood. Which was a drama for witches like Bellatrix or Walburga. He watched his mother out of the corner of her eye. Age began to mark her, but her features did not lose their nobility. He had always looked more like his father than she, he got along better with him. She lived by the strict rules of the nobility, which had always created a certain distance between them. She had never been known for her beauty, but she had an aura almost royal, she impressed by his posture, his dry voice and his look that could be as effective as a stupefix.