Chapter 4

Lexa sat her her elbows rested on the sides of her throne as she flipped the dagger which Clarke cut her with in her fingers. She looked comfortable amongst the finest of furs which were draped over the wood of her throne, and Clarke began to wonder what it would be like to sit there. She stood to the side of Lexa. Her hands knotted together in front of her as they both awaited the ambassadors of each clan. She was not afraid of anything going wrong. If it did, she'd find another way to dispose of the problem.

"Heda. They await outside." Titus said, bowing slightly towards her.

"Allow them entrance, Titus" she said. Clarke corrected her posture as the doors opened, straightening her back and puffing out her chest with pride. It earned a small glance from Lexa.

As each and every representative moved in and settled down into the chairs of their own clan, they exchanged glances, occassionally murmuring about Clarke's presence.

"So it is true after all. Wanheda is in Polis" A man from the far right spoke up. Clarke immediately made eye contact with him, glaring. Although, she was easily distracted by the small tattooed lines on his nose.

"Did you doubt my honesty, Uzac kom yujleda?" Lexa asked flatly. The blade paused in her hand, frozen as she waited for an answer.

"No, Heda" he said, lowering his head at the intimidation which came from the throne.

"Does anybody else doubt me?" Her eyes scanned over the 12 members. That was, until the representative of Azgeda rose from his seat.

"As a matter of fact Heda,Ice nation doubt your strength." He says as he makes his way towards the throne "you showed your weakness when you did not eliminate the enemy at mount weather"

Clarke crossed her arms, knowing this was leading exactly where she wanted it to. Lexa knew this too, and their eyes met to confirm it.

"Our commander is weak! If she runs away from a battle without ending it, why must we trust her with our lives?" He yelled as he turned to the other ambassadors.

Clarke looked to her side for the permission to speak. With a small nod, the commander granted her that permission. She clenched her teeth and stepped forward.

"Because I stand with her" Clarke said lowly "And I will fight behind her in battle."

"What makes think, that Wanheda will not betray you like you so cowardly did?" The Azgeda man said, placing a foot on the steps to the throne and leaning closer.

"I have felt my share of betrayal. In fact, I know it all too well. I have experienced it enough to know I would never want to do such a thing to anyone else. I may be the commander of death but I will always keep my word."

"And what if I say I doubt you too?" He sneered. He eyed her up and down.

"There are rules protecting you from me" Lexa said, sinking back into her chair as if it just another day. Another meeting. "However there are no rules in place to protect you from Wanheda."

The representatives shared glances with each other, weighing their options thoughtfully. Go against their commander and Wanheda. Or stand with them. The first to stand was from the boat clan.

"Lexa kom trikru, as always I stand behind you and your decisions." She said. Her frizzy hair fell over her shoulders at the sudden movement. She turned to the man behind her "Trishanakru, what is your choice?"