Chapter 16

Clarke pushed through the doors to walk onto the training ground in the early morning. She had never slept so well in months, expecting to go to bed and dream of those she couldn't save. Or those she had to kill to save the ones she could. But instead she woke up, not even remembering falling asleep, with the light of the morning flooding through the open balcony. For the first time, she actually wanted to go back to sleep and curl into the forest-smelling covers of her bed.

She walked across the cracked tiles of the training ground just outside of the commander's home. Raven was already sat on the steps, watching the commander and her best men. Clarke chuckled. Even now, Raven couldn't help but give into the sight of shirtless men.

Clarke rolled her eyes and sat beside Raven "no doubt Jayden is here training with-" Clarke's mouth went dry as she looked up, eyes landing on the grounders.

Lexa swung her fist viciously at Luna, and Clarke could almost feel the power behind the simple blow. But this time Lexa was dressed in less clothing with the scorching summer heat. Sweat rolled down her sharp jaw, dripping down from her chin and landing in the dirt. Her stomach muscles flexed and twisted with her body as she blocked a hit from Luna. Clarke swore she was going to pass out, and not from the heat.

"Griffin" Raven elbowed Clarke "are you staring at Luna?"

Clarke suddenly realised that Luna was dressed similarly to Lexa, but of course, Luna didn't have the same effect on her as Lexa did. Not in the slightest...

"No" Clarke denied, crossing her arms. Raven couldn't even tease her, because she was telling the truth. She wasn't looking at Luna.

"Then who's making you squirm like that, Clarke?"

"I'm not squirming Raven" she said, suddenly becoming too aware of her actions. She made an effort to keep still for her own sake.

"Bullshit Clarke. You might not have been lying last time, but you definitely are now. Who-"

"Hello, Clarke" her voice made her jump in surprise, and Clarke lifted her head to find green fixed on her.

Green. Green. Green.

Green was all she saw.

"Hello, Lexa" she cleared her throat, ignoring Raven's fixed gazed.

"Is there something wrong?" Lexa questioned, directing her eyes between the two girls. When Lexa's eyes flicked away, Clarke's eyes flicked to the indents of her abs in her stomach. She caught herself before Lexa did.

"No. I just wanted to thank you for your help." Clarke said. Lexa offered a small smile to Clarke. A rare occurrence.

"Like I said, Wanheda. I owe you much more" she said "now, I understand that we must plan our actions against Azgeda and Farm station. I believe we should attack soon, and take them by surprise."

Clarke found herself confused. How come, even when the commander spoke of war, she found her attractive. She found herself giving up on trying to convince herself that the attraction wasn't there. Because it was.

"Clarke?" Lexa frowned. She had just been staring, thinking, mind wondering and subconsciously, eyes wondering too.

"So far, that sounds like a good plan. We'll talk about details when Raven can come up with some useful weapons."

Raven grinned between the blonde and the brunette "oh yeah... I can make it go boom"

__________________
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"So we don't know where farm station fled to" Lexa said "but we do know where Azgeda is. We have captured and held the Azgeda prince, Roan, as prisoner here in Polis. I'm sure we can have him provide information on the positions of the ice nation's defences."