Chapter 27: Epilogue

2 Years Later

Clarke settled down against the rock, daring to dangle her feet over the cliff face as she looked across at the view. Birds swooped and dove effortlessly in the soft breeze. The water below them was fresh; it shimmered and flowed with ease. Surrounding it like a border were tall looming trees, which emphasised their power in their bright shades of green.

She had been visiting the breathtaking scene every day since she found it for the past year and a half. Something about it made her feel at peace.

Maybe because she knew Lexa would love it there too.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out the tin box which held the flame. She had received the item from Titus after her death, coming to find new information in the process. According to Titus, Lexa was inside the flame, her spirit accompanied by the other past commanders. It was something that she kept treasured, knowing that in every war and fight she entered, Lexa was right there beside her. She cleared her throat and leant back against her usual rock.

"Hey, Lexa." She sighed as she set the flame down on the rock beside her "Today marks two years since you left, you know?"

She tugged out a sketchbook and balanced it in her lap. The book, clearly, was filled with Lexa. Through the time and the years, her sketches of the commander became more and more hazy as she faded from her memory. The only thing that remained the same were the piercing green eyes, and the tame but wild mane of her hair.

"Pike is still out there. I know he took over Polis, and took your place after you left, but it's okay." Clarke kept talking as her pencil swirled across the paper "Octavia and I are fighting back for it. We have the man power for it, Lexa. I know we can do this. Although, I think it would be a little easier with you here."

Clarke chuckled and shook her head with a sigh. She quickly pushed the tears away which threatened to spill from her eyes.

"Can you believe that Octavia is now called the red queen? First she was the girl under the floor, then she was death from above. Now she's the red queen" Clarke changed the topic swiftly, smiling to herself "leaders of the rebellion: the red queen and the commander of death."

Clarke shook her head. Ever since Lexa was buried, Octavia and Clarke had sworn to retrieve Pike's leadership and return it to its rightful owners. That was the first spark of rebellion.

"I miss you Lexa." She whispered.
_______________________
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Raven! What are you doing? If Clarke wakes up she'll kill you!" Luna whispered harshly as she crept into Clarke's room, following the mechanic closely.

"Shut up. I had permission from Abby. That means something. Just... help me find it would you?"

Luna watched Raven stumble blindly across Clarke's room, opening drawers quietly and sneaking glances inside. She paused to stare at the room.

Almost every wall was covered in art work. On each wall sketches were sprawled across the brick. Most of them included the commander herself, and Luna's heart wrenched. Almost everyone missed Lexa, but Clarke? Clarke was torn to pieces at her death. However, there were the odd drawings of Jayden, standing tall and proud. From the corner of her eye, Luna could see Raven deliberately and visibly ducking her head to avoid looking at them.

"Come on, help me" Raven whispered.

Luna approached the sleeping blonde

"What are you doing, Luna?" Ravens whispers were drowned out as she bent down and ever so gently lifted Clarke's head from her pillow. She shuffled and curled closer to the heat of Luna's arm. As she lifted the pillow, she spotted the crimson red of the tin.