Chapter 18

Clarke and Raven carried the explosives to the cart, packing them and covering them in sheets. Raven glanced to her side at Clarke.

"You look tired" She stated

And it was true too. Every night since the first, Clarke had snook into the commander's room to conduct her teaching lessons. And it wasn't just Lexa who had learned a few things, it was Clarke too.

She learned Lexa's exact expression of concentration- brows slightly turned down, lower lip snagged between her teeth, green eyes deep with thought. Clarke believed it was a fair payment for her lessons.

"Yeah, I haven't been sleeping too well at the moment. I've been busy." Clarke said. Ravens attention was drawn to Jayden who was carrying the explosives on his shoulder "sure you got enough of that?"

"Oh, I'll never get enough of him..." Raven smirked as she watched Jayden.

"I mean explosives, Raven. Explosives."

"Ah... actually I'm hoping we have enough. I'm dealing with the minimum amount here. Don't forget, I'm attempting to take down Azgeda. Not a hut." Raven sighed.

"Alright..." Clarke watched Jayden help Raven up onto her horse "just... stay safe okay? I can't lose anyone else"

"Don't worry princess, I have Jay to keep me safe" Raven winked as Jayden pulled himself up onto his own horse.

"Sure... now, don't forget the plan. You plant the charges and-"

"And get as far away from Azgeda as we can. Yes I know. And all this happens under their nose while you and-"

"While we attack Azgeda as a distraction" The girls looked to the side to see the commander herself striding towards them "I put great trust in you like Clarke does. I do hope that it has not been displaced."

"It hasn't" Raven said "besides, I have your charming warrior here to keep me on the right track."

Lexa frowned slightly "right... and you'll contact us as soon as you're a safe distance from the charges?"

"Yep!" Raven smiled "Now, time to go"

Jayden nodded and tugged on the reins. The two of them disappeared passed the gates of Polis, their truck loaded with explosives trailing behind them.

"Gon yu ogud gon wor, klark?" (Are you ready for war, Clarke?)

"Nowe, ba ai don kom bi" (Never, but I have to be)

The commander looked taken back, surprised that Clarke could respond so fluently in her own language. Clarke smirked.

"I learned Trigedasleng while I was alone. I had plenty of time to spend."

"Seems so" Lexa said, approaching Clarke who shoved her hands in her pockets. They were better off in her pockets than out in the open where she could do something stupid with them.

"Today our people leave to attack Azgeda together as one. Lexa, I want them to return as one too" she finally tugged her hands from her pockets, reaching out to grab Lexa's arm gently. Out of memory, Clarke knew that her hand was directly about the intricate patterns of the tattoo that decorated Lexa's smooth skin.

"We will return together, and live in peace Clarke" Lexa said "I will have my people help to rebuild Arkadia and restore skaikru back to its former self"

"And then what? What happens to the ice queen? Or Pike? Lexa, what happens to us?" Clarke definitely didn't want Lexa to leave her again. Not when she had grown so close to the commander.