1. The First Appointment.

HANDLE WITH CARE

1. The First Appointment.

L U K E

What do you wear to your first public outing since your parents were killed over a year ago? Luke asked Jack this, his older brother who was the reason he had to choose what to wear for this unnecessary public outing.

What's this public outing you might be wondering? Luke was going to spend the rest of his life stuck in a small, none conditioned room with an uncomfortable couch and an elderly man asking way too personal questions. Obviously, it was this old mans job to ask these questions but it wasn't Luke's job to be asked these questions.

If Luke had a choice he wouldn't even go to these sessions, he would stay at his brothers apartment and bathe in self-loathing and mental hatred for as long as he wanted, which was for eternity, or at least until he was killed off.

The fact they were always an hour and a half long, no matter if Luke was late, made him hate whoever this probably lonely, old, and patronising man who deemed to be "helping" him. Luke didn't need help, which he told his brother for months, he just wanted his parents back.

With his parents back, the band could get back together and create a new, ground-breaking album that all his once dedicated fans could love to their hearts content. He would have his friends back too, which were thankfully in the band, who he missed nearly as much as his parents, but he couldn't face himself to see them again.

"Aren't you dressed yet?" Jack walked into his room, crossing his arms when he noticed his younger, broken brother still lying in bed, hiding from the world under his duvet.

After the accident, Luke had to stay in hospital for a few weeks until he was healthy again, and when he was Jack wanted to be there for him every step of his recovery.

Jack knew his little brother had a rough childhood, not one in which involved his parents or siblings, mostly just school and his own mind bringing him down.

He wasn't a very good big brother, he wasn't as bad as his older brother Ben, who dropped all contact with the others as soon as their parents died. Jack knew Luke needed everyone to help him through this, and he only had Jack.

Luke shut out all his friends, ignored their calls and texts and tweets, ignored the fans on Instagram and twitter, ignored the news outlets and radio stations. He shut the world out because that way it didn't feel as real.

"Hurry up and get dressed," Jack yanked the duvet off of his curled up little brother, dropping it on the floor as he started to rummage through his wardrobe. "You need to look smart." He mumbled, pulling out a button up and some trousers.

"Why? Aren't I supposed to look like I haven't left my house in a year because of a near death experience involving the most important people to me?" Luke did that a lot, he'd reference the accident and his poor state to get sympathy from his brother, because he felt like if he didn't he would be left alone all over again.

"My house," Jack corrected, throwing some clean underwear at Luke's bed bound body as he checked the clock for the time. 3:15pm. Luke's first appointment was at 4:00pm and Jack assumed they'd be walking so they needed to leave soon. "Get dressed."

With that he left the room, also leaving his little brother to whine and mumble to himself about how pointless this was going to be. The therapist couldn't do anything to help him, they couldn't bring his parents back or his old life back, what was the point?