3. Black Swan.

HANDLE WITH CARE

3. The First Home Visit.

L U K E

A/n the song above is from the album Black Swan- mentioned through this chapter and this book so I recommend listening to it :) also swipe for a cute pic of Luke

-

Luke was beyond nervous, his whole body was sweating as he stared at the state of his room. It was horrendous, clothes everywhere- everywhere- his bin was over flowing wildly and his sheets hadn't been changed in months.

Embarrassed was an understatement, he had completely forgotten what 'neat' was until he went into Annie's office for the first time a coupe weeks ago. Even then, he didn't compare his room to her office as that was expected to be neat, but then again, rooms weren't supposed to be this disgusting.

He knew Annie was coming to help him clean but he couldn't help feeling like he should clean before hand, at least his underwear maybe. Jack was downstairs in his office doing some work which left Luke to his lonesome as he stared at his barely visible room.

Annie was supposed to be here in 20 minutes, which wasn't nearly enough time to get started on this mayhem. He huffed out a pizza scented breath and decided he should probably tackle that first. Annie probably wouldn't be most pleased knowing he had pizza for breakfast, since it was only 11:00am.

He was shoving his underwear under his bed, kicking his socks under there too as he waited for the door to ring. He made sure to tell his brother not to make a fool of him, and he didn't want him to say anything embarrassing.

The doorbell rang and Luke sprang to his feet, knocking his head on his clustered bookshelf and groaning in hurt. He rubbed at the back of his head, hissing at the stinging sensation before remembering why he hit his head.

Running down the stairs he halted midway when he heard her voice. More like her laugh. What was she laughing at? Luke took the few last steps down, seeing his brother with a wide smile talking to his therapist.

"Hey," Luke spoke, interrupting his brother and slightly digging him in the back (so Annie couldn't see obviously), causing his brother to jolt away and scowl at Luke.

"Hey," she smiled, following Luke's guiding hand into his brothers home. Jack mumbled some insults at his brother before going back to his own office, leaving the others to start the quest of cleaning Luke's whirlwind of a room.

"oh my... lord." Annie gasped, standing still at the doorway as Luke trudged his way through. His face was beet red, beyond beet red, more like wine burgundy that was permanently staining his cheeks. "When was the last time you cleaned in here?"

She gaped around the room, stunned at all the clothes, trash, books, some half eaten food and random instruments. She was beyond speechless, she had never seen such a place so disgusting and yet it was still someone's sleep place. she couldn't even call it a bedroom, there was a bed but definitely no room.

"I- god this is embarrassing- I never have... cleaned it, I mean." He scratched roughly at the back of his neck, his feet kicking and nudging at the clothes on the floor.

"I don't even know where to start," Annie mumbled, gulping before pulling out some bin bags from her own hand bag.

Luke hadn't had the chance to fully notice Annie yet, her hair was in a low ponytail, beautifully curly and bouncing with every movement. She was wearing a white fluffy jumper with some striped trousers and a belt, even her casual wear was professional.