12. Dance In The Dark.

HANDLE WITH CARE

12. Dance In The Dark.

A N N I E

The elderly guests had started to leave around an hour ago, only those close to the married couple had stayed, including Luke and Annie.

They had just finished dancing to one of the last few songs before Luke made his way over to mini bar to get one of the complimentary glasses of champagne. He got one for Annie too, assuming she would want one.

She was stood next to Calum laughing about the awkwardness of his mother from a few hours ago. This lead to a conversation about Calum's family and what not, making Luke's feet move a little quicker so he could get there sooner.

"Hey," he smiled, seeing as Annie turned her attention from Calum and onto Luke, who was holding up a champagne glass in her direction, waiting for her to take it.

"Why thank you," She delicately placed her fingers round the glass, them accidentally grazing past Luke's. Neither of them thought anything of it, yet they did feel it. Calum decided to leave the two alone, considering Luke had just given him a death glare from the other side of the room moments ago.

"Sorry for dragging you along to this," Luke started, sipping his champagne as he looked down slightly at Annie.

"You have to stop apologising, I wouldn't of come if I didn't want to. I haven't been out like this in a while so it's nice, dressing all fancy." She chuckled, licking her lips as she moved her weight from foot to foot, her feet now numb to the pain of heels.

"Good, I think," Luke was finding it hard to keep his eyes off of Annie, especially as the buzz of the drinks kicked in and his mind was being a little more confident then normal.

Ashton, one of Luke's older best friends and band mates, was currently doing karaoke to some song Annie wasn't familiar with. He had a good voice and she wondered if everyone in the band was a singer.

Luke and Annie made there way over to the large circular table where everyone was sat watching Ashton sing. The only spare chairs were opposite each other, Annie didn't think much of it but as soon as she sat down next to Calum and Olivia, Luke felt his gut drop to his feet.

Luke was debating on asking Calum to swap places with him, he wanted nothing more than to sit next to Annie and his best friends at the table and having no worries at all over whether or not Calum and her were flirting.

What was even worse was Luke wasn't able to hear them over Ashton's singing and everyone chattering, so when they both got out there phones and then swapped, he could only assume it was because they were exchanging numbers.

Ashton stumbled off of the stage, reiterating how much of a light weight he has always been as he passed the microphone to Calum, nudging Luke to get up and sit in his place.

Luke happily did so, sitting next to Annie and smiling awkwardly as she beamed a smile back at him. Luke noticed that she had already finished her drink and was on another one.

"So, Uh, I saw you and Calum swap numbers, that's cool, I don't think it's weird that my best friend and therapist will be seeing each other, I mean-" Luke started, rambling as he thought about just how terrible that actually would be.