14. Wrong type of Love.

HANDLE WITH CARE

14. Wrong type of Love.

A N N I E

Annie felt terrible, so so terrible for kissing her client. Their was many rules when being a therapist, one of the more obvious ones was Do Not Have Relations With The Clients. Annie thought it was a silly rule at first, who would ever do that anyway? How could she ever see her clients that way?

And yet, here she was, staring at the front cover of her favourite book as she spent her day off relaxing. She went to the coffee shop not too far away from her house, they served the best hot chocolate she had ever had and she would often spend her rest days here.

Her rest days were normally Mondays, when her co-worker would see the clients and have a relaxing session with them for an hour a week. She also needed it sometimes, just a break from the intense recovering of her clients emotionally and physically. She was sipping on her hot chocolate as she stared at her book, not opening it just yet as she continued to think about her disapproving act.

"You do know you're supposed to read the pages in the book?" A familiar voice spoke to the side of Annie. She turned her head and saw Calum, Luke's friend from the wedding and band mate. Annie rolled her eyes, shuffling over on the leather couch and gave some room for Calum. She placed her book on the table, huffing as she faced her dilemma.

"I've just got a lot on my mind right now," she chuckled, even though she didn't find her situation very funny. She couldn't even tell Calum, as he thought Annie and Luke were friends, not therapist and client.

Calum understood she didn't want to talk about her problems to him, he was mostly just a stranger to her really. He felt as though after the awkward moment with his parents they had grown a little closer, but not close enough for her to spill anything on her personal life.

"Well, how are things with Luke?" He hoped this was a little distraction from whatever was playing on her mind, she seemed quite distressed about it and Calum thought her smile looked a lot prettier on her.

"things," she muttered, shrugging her shoulders as she faced Calum. If she wasn't talking to Luke, or whatever the hell they were doing, she would of liked to of talked to Calum in maybe a more romantic way. But now that she had met Luke, talked to him, kissed him, there was no way in hell she could ever see anyone that way anytime soon, especially not Calum.

"Oh, so he's what's on your mind?" Calum smirked, placing his sandwich on the coffee table as he sipped his tea.

"Not in a good way," she shook her head, noticing Calum's cheeky smile and trying to get him to stop, this wasn't something she could be smug about. "It's complicated."

"Well, do you like him?" Calum poked her side, watching as she rolled her eyes at his childish behaviour.

"It's not that simple."

"Sure it is, if you like him, be with him. Even if you only like him a tiny, tiny amount, he deserves a shot, and you deserve someone like him. His last relationship was toxic, really horrible and it really didn't end well. He needs someone like you, to support him and love him the right way." Calum sounded like he was speaking from experience, like he knew what pains Luke had gone through.

He had watched his best friend crumble right in front of him from the wrong type of Love. from not love. Calum's heart had been broken once or twice too, but it wasn't to the extremities of Luke's pain, whether that was good thing or not.

They would always say 'bros before hoes' but it was more than some stupid little saying; it was how they'd look out for each other and be there for one another, more so than their significant others. It took a long time to recover from his last relationship, he had become dependent and passive and even more quiet then he was originally. His parents helped him through it mostly, especially his mum who demanded he didn't let some silly girl ruin his life this way.