2. Spilt Coffee.

HANDLE WITH CARE

2. Spilt Coffee.

A N N I E

Annie was never happy about getting new clients, because that meant something miserable had happened in someone else's life that they struggled to get through. Yet, when she opened the door to her new client Luke Hemmings, she couldn't help but smile at her youngest and newest client.

He seemed like he hadn't slept properly in months, his hair was over grown and you could tell he had only shaved this morning. It looked as though his eyes could be gleaming with possibilities but along with the sky outside they were overcast and grey.

Normally her sessions would go pretty structurally; they would talk about the clients problems and ways to solve them, that's it really. But Luke, who was bringing up anything to not talk about his problems, had ended the session on a conversation about the new romance reality show called 'Searching for you.'

Annie noticed the excitedly surprised look on his face when she mentioned she watched it also, his mouth asking her endless questions about the reality stars in the house.

He wanted Kendra and Joseph to end up together, yet Annie insisted Kendra would end up with Adam, who was admittedly jaw dropping- which Luke stated was the only reason Annie chose him.

They hadn't realised they had ran 15 minutes over time until Jack knocked on the door, hoping everything was ok with his little brother.

Annie wanted to praise him for being so patient and caring towards his family, something she rarely saw nor heard in this place.

Luke thanked her before leaving, nodding to her when she said the stereotypical "until next time," which is two days from now.

She wasn't normally this unprofessional, she wasn't normally flustered or caught off guard. Not that Luke could notice of cause, she's learnt to keep her cool in heated situations, even if this was a different kind of heated.

It was her cheeks turning crimson and her fingers tingling in their spot, her toes curling in her heels and her chest feeling as though someone was rubbing a feather across it; all ticklish and fluffy.

It was strange for her to feel this way. She hadn't felt this way in over two years, she had been single ever since and she hadn't planned on feeling like this again.

Shaking the obscure thoughts from her head, she clicked her way over to her desk and plopped herself down on her wheelie leather chair in front of her computer.

Kicking her shoes off also, she stretched her toes out before crossing them over on the chair, opening up a file to type out her session with Luke.

She was supposed to type about how he reacts to certain topics, and how he feels when talking about certain things that had caused him to come to therapy in the first place, yet none of that happened today.

He was so hell-bent on not talking about the problem that he managed to get them talk about anything else. She didn't mind actually (which was a big problem for her work progress), as when he spoke about randomness he managed to have a small smile, which she could tell he didn't do very often.

It didn't feel like her normal sessions, which might be a bad thing. But on the other hand, Luke might not need a therapist, but just a friend who is willing to listen.

Annie typed all this down, saving it in Luke's folder with the documents name being the date.

Luke's sessions were always the last ones she had, leaving her one more hour in the office before walking home, which she was ready to do now.