6. Karaoke Date.

HANDLE WITH CARE

6. Karaoke Date.

A N N I E

After a not so good get together in the park, Annie decided that Luke should probably choose where their weekly outings would be.

So when he walked into the office with a wide smile on his face Annie could already feel the pit in her stomach. He smiled unusually wide for someone who was walking into their therapy session.

"What's got you so chirpy?" Annie chuckled, waving a quick goodbye to Jack before closing the door behind him.

She made her way to her normal seat, having one of the mints on her table as she felt the beginnings of starvation peck inside her.

"Because," he stated, head tilting with chipper-ness as he ran his fingers through his hair, "I have the perfect place for us to go on our next adventure."

Annie giggled at his attitude, she rarely, if ever, saw him happy, let alone like this.

"Adventure? Is that what that was?" She quizzed, the tip of her nail scratching along her teeth, a nervous habit she inhabited in high school.

She caught herself in the act, pulling her finger from her mouth and shaking the thoughts from her head. She would never do that anymore unless she was on a date and especially not when she was in a session. And his was not a date.

"That was a... trial? The real- none depressing- adventures can start this week." He shrugged, popping a mint into his mouth and smirking at her cockily.

She was noticing this confidence boost in him, she had no idea what it was but it was kind of comforting, and also very attractive.

That was most definitely not allowed, thinking of a client that way was beyond irresponsible and unprofessional, the last thing Annie wants to be.

But he did look good biting his lip right now, and playing with the rings on his fingers. She was wondering if he had a hair cut too, it looked a little fresher than normal.

"Hello? Annie?" Luke snapped his fingers in front of her face, something Annie appreciated and also found rather condescending.

He obviously noticed the distaste in her facial features and retreated his hand, gulping before smiling again.

"What were you thinking about?" He licks his lips, slouching back in the sofa cushions, making the bottom of his shirt crease up a little bit and exposing the pale skin. Annie diverted her eyes, looking back to Luke's face and shaking her head, her own smile cracking.

"Where were you thinking of going on this adventure?" She avoided his question because honestly, she had no idea how to answer it. He rolled his eyes, noticing her distraction but continued nonetheless, biting on the inside of his cheek.

"It's a surprise, when should we go?" His fingers tapped against his leg, which was bouncing up and down at an anxious rate.

"How about tomorrow? I finish early." She asked, pulling at the front of her bun to try and loosen it a little.