19. Love To Go To Hell.

HANDLE WITH CARE

19. Love To Go To Hell.

L U K E

As soon as Luke got home with Petunia, he gave her an apartment tour which admittedly was very strange. Since he lived alone, he didn't think talking to his dog was weird, but no one would see this anyway.

Before Luke got to his apartment, he went to a pet store to get all the necessities a dog will ever need. He got a box of toys, treats and food and a two beds; one for the living room and one for his bedroom.

After setting all of the dog things up, Luke put some food out and wasn't actually too sure on how much dogs ate, so he filled the bowl to brim anyway and watched as his new best friend chewed away.

His phone chirped from the kitchen counter and he rushed over a little too quickly in case it was Annie. He wasn't actually sure if he had her number, but he hoped anyway.

Calum:
hey man you up to anything today?

Luke wondered for a moment if he should reply if he really wanted to see anyone other than Annie today. But he remembered how much Annie had helped him lately and she'd be happy to know that he had met up with him today.

Luke:
I'm going to the dog park at 4 but until then nothing

Calum:
Um, why? You don't have a dog??

Luke:
About that...

Luke sent a photo of Petunia as she waddled over to lie next to him, completely forgetting to tell anyone about his new companion. It's not like he had time though, he only got back a little while ago.

He was never the first person to text anyway, not anymore, he never really wanted to talk to anyone unless it was Annie. He should probably text his brother, now that he was thinking about it, Jack probably thinks Luke is still annoyed about the whole wedding invitation thing, and he was a little bit but how could he not forgive his brother?

Sure, he hid his best friend's wedding from him, but if Luke weren't seeing Annie at the time, he most likely wouldn't have gone anyway. He would have felt terrible for not going, but then he would remember how much his mum loved Michael and Olivia together, and how she would tell Luke to always find a girl that made him as happy as they were.

Calum sent back a photo of his dog, Duke, with the caption 'they can be friends!' Which made Luke laugh a little too loud for what it was. They texted for a while longer, somehow ending up on snapchat to talk to each other before they planned for Calum to bring Duke over to meet Petunia.

Luke was wondering around his apartment, tidying up a little bit so it was so messy when Calum arrived. He normally wouldn't care what state his apartment was in, but he felt as though this mess that it was currently was just too gross to be left.

Calum knocked on the door, which Luke thought was a little odd as he normally just made his way in, before allowing his dog to explore the large apartment. "Didn't know if someone was going to be here or not." Calum winked at Luke, bowing down to stroke the overweight bulldog at his feet.

"No one's ever here," Luke shrugged, raising an eyebrow as he was slightly suspicious of Calum's tone. He looked like he has been working out recently, and that reminded him about how Annie said she was going the gym. Maybe Luke should go too at some point, would Annie want to go with him? Probably not, she'd probably say it was unprofessional.

"What about Annie? Have you still not made a move yet?" Calum groaned, rolling his eyes as he flopped onto Luke's L shaped couch, patting the spot next to him for Duke to jump up. Luke looked to Petunia as she rested her head on the couch cushion, looking up to Luke as her paw struggled to reach up. He bent down and attempted to pick her up, which was a big struggle considering her mass and Luke's lack thereof, but he managed to lift her onto the couch next to him, huffing once they'd finally settled.