15. Proper Christmas Dinner.

HANDLE WITH CARE

15. Proper Christmas Dinner.

L U K E

Today was Luke's last session before Christmas in a couple of days, he was both relieved and rather upset. The therapy clinic was having two weeks off, so the workers and clients could all spend time with their families for the holidays.

He wasn't sure what he was doing for Christmas. He had text his brother to see what he was doing yet Luke had only just then been told that Jack had a long term girlfriend in which he was spending Christmas with, with her parents too. Jack invited Luke along but Luke politely declined, not wanting to interrupt his brothers love life anymore than he already had.

Realistically, he wanted to spend it with his parents, in their old house in Australia with its large living room where they would always have a massive Christmas tree. He loved spending Christmas with his parents, his dad would always make an amazing roast as his mum was professional with decorations.

He let out a sigh, continuing to scroll through whatever was on TV to distract him for a few hours until he had to go to his session. Their was absolutely nothing on, and he couldn't stand just watching some random crap to pass the time. He debated on reading, but that wasn't really his forte, that was the same with cooking, or drawing or anything like that.

The only thing he did enjoy was playing instruments, and he was wondering if maybe he should pick that up again. Surely it can't be as devastating as he had made it out to be, it was literally his life only a year ago, he can't just throw that away along with the deaths of his parents.

Picking himself up, he slowly stepped his way to his favourite room in the house, where all the magic happens; which wasn't the bedroom, but actually Luke's music room.

In the centre of the room was his piano, which he adored more than anything else in this room, it was a joint gift from his parents as a congratulations for making #1 in the globe, and just being able to pursue his dream in the most innocent, respectable way they could of ever hoped.

Along the wall in which the door was in was all of Luke's guitars, many of them he bought himself but a few were gifts from friends, family, and even fans. He greatly appreciated when people got him guitars as they were something that shaped him into the man he is today, and each one has its own story or song.

On the wall on the left was a built in shelving unit that consisted of all the awards him and his bands mates had won over the years, it was three shelves high and it was nearly evenly full, Luke couldn't of been more proud of his team and he loved this wall, it let him know he was doing something right.

And lastly the wall opposite the door was one big glass plain, looking out the city that was currently bustling with the afternoon traffic.

Luke placed himself down on the piano seat and played a few keys, the begging of one of his own songs simply flowing from his memory. He spent the rest of the afternoon in his music room, even building up the courage to pick up his song book and read through the messy lyrics and tunes he had gotten down. 

Time flew by now and it was finally time for his appointment. He was thrilled to tell Annie about his improvements at home, and he couldn't wait to make her smile again. God, he was in such a good mood right now and honestly all he wanted to do was grab Annie by her cheeks and kiss her.

Knocking on her door, he removed his beanie and shook out his hair. It hadn't stopped snowing since Luke's last appointment it was about up to his ankles, some of the roads closed and others being gritted at that moment.