Flatline

Saiki's POV
"S-Saiki! Y-You have to come to the school! I-it's (Y-Y.N)! S-she got pushed out the window!" Hairo cried into the phone. My eyes widened and I instantly teleported into the closets boys bathroom closest to Hairo. I was right. (Y.N) had lost control of 'Bag'. So it's affects disappeared. I rushed into the room to find a surprising display. The first thing I heard were crazy screams and laughter. I see Teruhashi being apprehended by police. In her crazy state she doesn't seem to notice me. Then, I see Hairo and Nendo crying. I go over to them and ask exactly what happened. Hairo definitely questioned how fast I got here, but it didn't really matter to anyone at the moment. He told me everything. I clenched my first in anger, but I had to control it. I could literally kill someone if I punch anything or anyone out of anger.

I hesitantly look out the window. I see paramedics already rushing towards her lifeless body and screaming to get her to the hospital as quickly as possible. I run out of the room and down the stairs to where they were still loading her into the ambulance. I run up to a paramedic and grab his shoulder. I turn him around and ask, "What's her condition?!" He looks at me questioningly and asks, "And who are you to her?" "I'm her boyfriend! Can I please come to the hospital with her?" He thinks for a second and replies, "Ok. She's in critical condition and needs to go to the hospital right away for treatment and examination. You can come with, don't interfere or distract us when we are taking care of her." I nod and get into the ambulance with them. I didn't get a clear view of her face from where I was sitting, but her body wasn't in good shape at all. There was blood coming from her uniform in multiple areas like the torso or her legs.

It was an agonizing ride to the hospital as the paramedics did what they could to keep her alive while we were on our way. When we got there, they rushed her straight into the E.R and told me to wait in the waiting room. I did so but not happily. I was scared..... Scared of losing her. She's the only one who understands me, knows me better than anyone else. She makes me happy. About an hour had passed by when a nurse came out and asked, "Boyfriend of (Y.N) (L.N)?" I get up and rush over to her. Without hesitation, she extended her hand and said, "Please follow me." She leads me down a hallway of rooms until we eventually reach a room. Room number 793.

She opens the room door and reveals an average sized room with a Tv on the wall, very well decorated, and a nice bed. But on that bed was (Y.N). I walk over next to her and get a better look. She was patched up in my different places. Her normally beautiful (E.C) eyes were closed and on her face was an oxygen mask just to help her breathe. I looked down her hands that I loved to hold in mine and see it all bandaged up. I grab her hands and hold it, never wanting to let go again in fear she would die while out of my reach. Leading up her arms were IVs sticking into her arms, delivering fluids and other substances into her blood stream to help her stay alive.

I pulled over a chair and sat next to her bed, staring at her beautiful face and wishing I'll get to see her up and happy again. The nurse walks over next to me and pats my shoulder. "I'm sorry. We're doing everything we can to keep her alive. Her condition still isn't the best, but I think she'll make. Though the odds aren't exactly great." I didn't look anywhere else other than her. She looks so lifeless. The nurse stays for a little while longer to make sure that nothing happens. She eventually left, telling me to call someone if anything happens. My hand was still holding onto hers. I kept hoping she would hold my hand back and wake up.

Doctors and nurses come in and out, checking in on her condition and doing things such as feeding her by injecting nutrients into her veins via IVs. They also gave me her states when they finished examining her. A doctor had to turn me and stated, "(Y.N) seems to be in a coma. Her head definitely absorbed the most damage out of any other part of the body. We had no idea when........ or if she'll wake up. And we're pretty sure she may suffer from amnesia if she wakes up." The word 'if' did not make me feel good at all. I was hoping he would say 'when'. I refused to believe she wouldn't wake up. I eventually had to go home. It was the end of the day and I hadn't eaten since I went to the hospital. They also had to do a couple things to treat (Y.N) with her injuries. The doctor said they were going to try and see if they could lessen the risk of amnesia.

I go home and find my worried parents. They had heard of me going to the hospital, but they didn't know if I was ok. They only knew I was at the hospital. I teleport into the kitchen and look to the table to see my parents eating dinner. My mother spots me and runs over to me and gives me the biggest hug I have ever received. "KU! OH THANK GOD YOUR SAFE!!" My mother cries into my shoulder. My dad runs over to me and gives me another big hug. Their both crying. "I'm sorry if I scared you. Something happened to (Y.N) at school and she was rushed to the hospital.." I state, trying to tell them my reason of being at the hospital. My dad pulls away and asks, "What's happened to (Y.N)?! Is she ok?!" I reply, "S-she got pushed out a window. She's in a coma." They both look at me with sorrowful eyes and my mom sheds a few tears. "Well, how about you eat dinner then go back to visit her? Me and your father will talk to the school about it." I nod and hug them both, silently thanking them before eating and quickly heading back out.

I decide to walk to the hospital. I don't need to use my my powers all the time, plus I needed the nice cold air. Winter was starting and it was already dark outside. Before I left I changed clothing so I could be a bit more comfortable. My mind flickered to many aspects while I was walking. One being the events that had occurred that day. I'm sure Teruhashi will go to jail. Even if she is the 'perfect' girl, there are too many witnesses for her to lie her way out of the jail time she deserves. I eventually make it to the hospital. I go to the front desk and explain who I want to see. "I'm here to see (Y.N) (L.N)." The lady at the front desk nods and I start walking towards her room. "W-wait sir! Don't you want her room number?" I turn back to her a replied, "I remember her room number." And start walking off again. Damn right I remember that room number. 793. Its a number I don't think I'll ever forget.

I walk to her room and look on the door to see if a "Do not enter. Surgery in process" sign was on the door. There wasn't one so I open the door. There was no one in there except for (Y.N) of course, who looks the same as when I left an hour before. I take a seat again and stare at her face, thinking. "I miss you." I sadly stated. And the funny thing is, I said it using my actual voice. My mouth moved and the words came out on their own. That was the first. I was planning on staying overnight. I rest my head against the bed and close my eyes, my mind becoming used to the beats that came from the Flatline. But that peace was soon disturbed when instead of a beep, I hear an ear piercing long note come from the Flatline instead, as doctors rushed in while ushering me out. Before I was out of the room, I glanced to the Flatline and saw noting but a straight green line.....