SIX

"We could've been happy. You and me. Then again, maybe we weren't supposed to be"

Winter
I was sitting on my bed when Sydney looked at me shaking her head.

"What did I do wrong?!" I whined. I was so confused.

"You know what you did wrong" she snapped.

"What did I do!"

"You know he likes you! You know that and yet you do something stupid like that! You're such an idiot! Why did you throw away the one chance you had with someone?! Someone who loves you!"

I froze.

"He doesn't love me"

"You're an idiot"

With that, I left and ran. I ran to God knows where. I just wanted to be away. I somehow ended up by a lake. It was beautiful. I sat down and cried. I put my legs to my chest and laid my head in my lap and cried.

"You okay?" I heard someone say. It was a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Greyson.

"G-go away"

He sat down.

"What you did back there is unforgivable"

"I know. I should just die or something"

"No, that would kill him too"

"What do you mean"

"He loves you, Winter. I haven't seen him that happy in a long time"

"I don't want a boyfriend right now though..."

"He'll respect that, but you have to tell him yourself"

"How? He hates me"

"He's literally in his room crying his damn eyes out. It's irritating"

"I see the way you mess with Sydney"

"Huh?"

"You like her"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No, she's too happy and annoying. I hate her guts and I don't even want to be near her. She pisses me off"

"Oh, I'll go then" we heard and I turned to see a tear rolling down Sydney's cheek. I haven't seen her cry since our parents...incident.

She ran away and Grey looked at me raising a brow.

"See, annoying"

I slapped him.

"You and I both know damn well you like her"

I got up and walked away. Somehow I knew my way back.

Greyson
I sat by the lake looking out. I don't love her. I don't even like her. She's annoying, dumb, too happy, she's beautiful, smart, nice, stubborn, oh my God...I need to stop.

I got up erasing all my thoughts about her. At least I shoved them down. I can't love her. I can't like her. I can't even be near her. I don't wanna go through it all. Not again. Not ever.

Lannan
I sat in my room looking at the ground. Why was I even sad to begin with? I don't even like her. She doesn't even like me. What's the problem here?

I sat there thinking when the door opened. Greyson walked in looking I don't know...panicked. Distressed.

"You okay?"

"No!" he yelled and started having a major break down. He was crying. I haven't seen him cry in two years. Not since our parents.

"Stop stop stop stop stop" he muttered and ran into the bathroom. I got up and listened in. He was crying. I was so confused. I opened the door seeing him with a razor. I took it away and sat in front of him.

"What are you doing?"

He took a deep breath and stopped.

"Nothing little brother. Nothing"

With that, he walked away and walked out. I wanted to follow him. Make sure he's alright but I can't. I can't push him.

Sydney
I sat there crying. Why I didn't know. Well, I guess it's cause he called me those mean names. It's whatever.

Winter came in and sat down laying a head on my shoulder.

"It's okay, he didn't mean it"

"I don't care, Winter," I said and stopped crying.

"I'm fine"

I got up but she pulled me back down.

"Don't leave. Just sleep. Later we're going on a hike. I suggest you sleep"

I nodded and laid down. She sat there until I fell into a deep deep sleep.

Winter
I got up and went to Lannan and Greyson's room. I stood by the doorway and saw he was I don't know...it was something.

"You okay?"

"Fine"

"No, no you aren't"

I walked over and sat next to him. I laced my hand in his and held tightly.

"Stop it"

"No"

"Go away"

"No"

"Go away you annoying brat"

That hurt.

"N-no"

He looked at me and shook his head rolling his eyes.

"Do you really think I'm annoying?"

He didn't respond.

"Really, please tell me because if you can't stand me then I might as well go. I thought you were gonna be fun and day what? Three and you already hate me. Fun"

He stayed silent. What did I ever do wrong?

Lannan
She kept asking why I didn't like her. I did like her. She was different. I just wanted her to go away.

"Great, now you don't even want to talk to me I'm so annoying. I guess Rylie was right. Everyone was right. I'm just a dumb w-"

"Fuck it" I muttered and cupped her face and kissed her. Roughly but passionately. She kissed back surprisingly and I bit her bottom lip gently. She grinned a little and I slipped my tongue in surprising her. She straddled me and wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist pulling her closer to me. She kept her arms around my neck but brought her hands up and ran her fingers through her hair. I smirked and took one of my hands and played with her hair while the other was still wrapped around her waist tightly. We made out for a while until I heard her moan quietly. She pulled away blushing. She got off my lap and stood up.

"Uh I uh I'm gonna go" she stuttered and walked out quickly.

I stood there confused a little when Grey walked in.

"Did you two f-"

"No"

"Um, then why is her hair and your hair a mess...not to mention the lipstick stain on your face. Also, you have a fucking boner"

"Shut it"

"Oh, you two had a make-out session! Too bad, it would've been funnier to catch you in the act"

"Fucking Wanker" I mumbled flipping him off and went into the bathroom taking a shower. God what was she doing to me?

IzKatiebug