EIGHT

"I can't. I just can't. You can"

[Some of these quotes have nothing to do with the chapter but will later on. Maybe]

Winter
I looked at Lannan. He looked scared as I probably did. No. I was more scared. I recognized that scream and I always could. It was Sydney.

"No, I can't lose her too" I mumbled and tried running but Lannan held me back.

"Winter, it isn't safe. There could be someone there"

"THAT'S MY FUCKING SISTER! IT'S NOT OKAY! SHE COULD BE DYING!" I yelled and he held me in place.

"Grey is with her"

"He doesn't give a damn about her" I spat and pushed him away and ran quickly.

I ran over to see Sydney on the ground freaking out.

"Oh my God!" she yelled and Rylie laughed. I wanted to punch her.

I saw a squirrel walk near her and I quickly walked over to her helping her up and walked away. I was slightly laughing. I don't know why.

"Stop laughing! It freaking scared the living crap out of me! You're scared of snakes. Why don't we throw one on you see how you act" she snapped and I shook my head.

"Snakes are deadly. Squirrels aren't"

"It startled me so shut it. And also you hate squirrels"

"I hate everything"

"No, you like Lannan"

"Shut it hoe"

"Hoe?!" she gasped acting offended and I laughed.

"Stop it. You're being an idiot right now"

"I know" she smiled and I rolled my eyes with a laugh.

"You better now?"

She raised a brow.

"Can. We. Go. Back. Now? Nod yes or nod n-"

"I'm confused not dumb," she said rolling her eyes and walked away.

We walked back over to the group where I saw Rylie chuckling, Grey raising a brow, and Lannan also raising a brow.

"DO YOU ALL HAVE A DAMN PROBLEM?! THE HOE GOT SCARED! DEAL WITH IT!" I yelled and I saw a look of fright on all their faces. I smiled.

"Let's continue on," I said and walked back over to Lannan.

Lannan
I was walking up the trail with Winter when it was dead silent. For everyone. I decided to break it. At least between me and Winter.

"So, Winter. Why Winter?"

"What do you mean 'why winter'"

"Why is your name Winter?"

"My eyes you idiot"

"Well duh, but there's gotta be something else. Why winter?"

"I don't know" she shrugged and I nodded.

"Who's Scott?"

"Ex"

"Are you gonna go on the date with the waiter?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Probably not" she shrugged and I laughed.

"Why?"

"Don't want too" she shrugged and I nodded.