TWELVE

"Somebody save me from the dark..."

Winter
I woke up sore. I wanted to cry but I saw Sydney lying next to me. She couldn't know. She has enough.

I saw my dad come in with a bat. Oh shit. He looked at me smiling and picked up Sydney.

"No! Don't! Don't touch her!"

"Why not hmm?"

"Because I know you're only taking her to hurt me. I know I was always your favorite. Wasn't I?" I said walking closer. He smirked.

"Why have her when we can be alone. Together. Just you and me like we used to be. Father and daughter. No Sydney"

"I rather hurt you my hurting her. I know how much she means to you"

"No!"

He raised a brow.

"I mean...no, we don't need her. She's asleep. How about we leave her and it can be just us. Just you and me. You and me alone"

"She'll tell"

"She can't speak anyways. Let's just go" I said holding his hand. He smiled but then it turned back into an angry face. One I grew to hate.

He slapped me and I looked back at him crying. I knew I could get through to him. He was always hateful but I knew he was still happy somewhere. Maybe. At least I thought.

He set down Sydney and cupped my face.

"Angel, I'm so so sorry. I'm sorry please forgive me. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" he sobbed. I've never seen him like this. It's like he knows what he's doing is wrong.

I hugged him and I saw Sydney waking up. She almost freaked out but I shook my head.

"Don't" I mouthed. She nodded.

"Do you forgive me, Angel? I'm sorry"

"I-I don't know dad. Look at me"

He refused.

"Look," I said and pulled away looking him in the eye. He couldn't meet my eyes. It was weird.

"Dad, look, you have to let us go"

"I can't do that" he growled and grabbed me and Sydney by the wrists. He dragged us to another room where he threw me onto the mattress and Sydney on the other.

"These are your beds" he seethed.

"Thank you dad" I smiled.

Sydney sent me this look but I still held my smile. He smiled back but his face hardened.

"Rylie, Brandon, Scott, get out" he snapped and they left.

It was just me, Sydney, and dad. How fun.

"I'm sorry" he cried softly.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Lori. I love you. I didn't mean to hurt you. You or Win. Or Syd. I love you"

"What? I do"

"I didn't mean to hit you"

"I know. I know. Please stop. Stop doing drugs. Please"

"YOU STUPID BITCH!" he yelled and slapped me.

I saw Sydney cover her mouth. I got up and walked over to Sydney.

"Girls, what are you doing here...go to your rooms"

"But daddy, mommy's hurt" I whispered and I saw his eyes harden.

"Go!"

I quickly picked up Sydney and brought her over to the corner of the room. I looked as he cried. Cried every single tear out.

He got up quickly and walked out. I looked at Sydney and she poked my cheek lightly.

"I'm fine"

"What was that?" she mouthed.

"Dad, he's thinking we're back when we were little"

"What do you mean?"

"When we were little we only saw Mom on the ground. We never saw the argument. Now we have. Something isn't right Syd. I'm gonna find out"

"Did he hurt you?"

"Yes. I'm fine"

She shook her head and I felt a piece of paper in the pocket. I took it out and saw it was a note.

Winter,
I wanted to tell you

Then it stopped. Odd...quickly I rummaged through the pockets finding a pen...and a phone. Thank God.

"Syd, go look for me. Make sure no one is there"

She nodded walking away. I started going through the phone and saw Grey's contact. I called it. Please pick up.

Greyson
I was sitting by the stream when my phone rang. Odd. It was Lannan.

"Lenny, what is it?"

"Tell Lannan that uh...henry eats lint pines"

"Winter? Why do you have Lannan's phone?"

I was seriously confused.

"Fuck it. Grey! There's no time. H-"

Then the line went dead. That's weird. I walked over to the house and saw Lannan with a knife in his hand looking at his arm. Shit. I took it and threw it to the ground quickly.

"Knock it off wanker"

"I hurt her"

"It doesn't mean you have to hurt yourself"

He nodded.

"I do"

"Anyway, Winter called from your phone. She said Henry eats lint pines. I don't know what it means but you probably do"

He nodded and I walked off. I felt like I was missing something.

Winter
When our dad came back he got on top of me and started hitting me repeatedly. Sydney tried helping but he threw her across the room hitting her.

"You stupid bitch! You can't leave me!" he growled and punched me again.

Suddenly it went dark.

IzKatiebug