Chapter 1: A Short Reunion

"What have you done with my brother!" Pidge shouted at the figure staring down at her. The attacker froze, she took this opportunity to strike. She shot her bayard straight into the frozen opponents face, causing him to turn away from her. She smirked a little to her self seeing she had successfully knocked the assailants mask clean off.

She ran at the hunched over figure as he started to turn towards her. She lunged at him, freezing as he turns completely.

She held her bayard inches from his face, and she stared at him. "Pidge?" He asked "Matt?" She mumbled.

"Oh my gosh," she cried as she clung to him.

"Ever since the Kerberos mission they said you were dead, but I knew I'm my heart that you weren't" pidge mumbled.

"I can't believe you found me, it doesn't seem possible" he cried back as they continued to hug.

"The thought of you and dad kept me going, inspired me to do the impossible," she said as they looked into each other's eyes.

"Ok," Matt said holding his hands to her helmet.

"But seriously how'd you get this far into space?" He asked

"It's a long story, is there any chance that you've heard of Voltron ?" Pidge replied

"Of course I've heard of Voltron," Matt stated

"Well, I'm one of the paladins," Pidge said

Matt's eyes widened "No! No! Seriously? You're a paladin of Voltron? That's so awesome!" Matt said as he picked her up in a hug and spun her around.

"What a touching reunion," said a deep dark voice.

Both the Holts turned to see a cloaked figure.

"Who are you?" Pidge demanded as she summed her Bayard.

"Who I am is not important, I am here to collect a bounty on your brother Matt" the stranger spat back.

"But a paladin of Voltron and the green lion, what a day" he hummed.

Both the Holts simultaneously told the other to stand back.

"Huh?" They both stated

Finally, pidge said, "let's show this guy what the Holts are made of."

"Looks to me that you are made of meat, just like everyone else!" The intruder belted.

The man was the first to strike; he flung off his cap reviling a long tail very lizard-like, he had balled head. The stranger swung two electrified wipes as he charged.

Pidge was the first to make contact with him. She wove her bayard at him, but he dogged by rapping his wipe around it. Causing an electrical shock to weave it's way up to Pidge and she crumbled to the floor.

"Don't touch my sister!" Matt yelled as he swung his staff at him. They fought. Matt was struck down by a lucky throw of the lizard's whip, and it sent him crushed to the ground in pain. Before he could recover, he was smacked on the back of the head, and everything went black.

New:

Pidge was back on her feet. She stood ready to fight. She swung her Bayard with fury. She dodged blasts of electricity while retorting with her own bursts. As she rolled away from one whip the other wrapped firmly around her helmet; she fell to her knees from the pain that hard her bones. She brought her hands up the bottom of her helmet and forced it off. She gasped from relief, she wanted to roll over and give up, to sleep, to hold her brother in a big long hug. She moved quickly as the whip came around for a second shot. She felt the heat against her cheek as it flew past where she was only seconds ago. Pidge scrambled to her feet grabbing her Bayard she launched at her opponent. She landed a lucky blow to his shoulder. He screeched in pain, she smirked as he got a taste of his own medicine. In her moment of triumph, she was caught off guard by the second whip. Her assailant caught on that she was shorter than most and this time he struck a blow that counted. The whip wrapped around her torso multiple times trapping her arms to her chest. She fell forward vibrating from the electricity she had received, she knew that the whip was no longer active, but she nevertheless ached deeply. A shadow formed over her and she looked up with dread. The lizard bent down in front of her smiling, his tail lashing back and forth with delight.

Pidge recognized she was caught with no chance of escape. She also knew that if her lion was not warned the situation would only escalate. She pressed a button with her thumb and started screaming.

"Green, activate particle barrier and make sure your location beam is active! Contact..."

She was cut off by a blow to the head that made her world turn to blackness.

Hey guys this is my first book ever to write I hope you like it.